Thetford meet for August 29th - Bank Holiday Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Mark

Retrobike Rider
Right then folks. Time for a Thetford meet i think, looking at august as i know it's the big meet this weekend. If your reading this and thinking that you would love to try a Retrobike ride this could be the one! Now the gumpf!

Usual spot for 10:30am

Bury Road
Brandon
Suffolk
IP27 0SU

Map here: http://www.multimap.com/s/PJmDkXZS

Details:
Parking is now Pay & Display, there is extra parking in the Orchard car park behind the old peoples home. There is a very good cafe - opens at 10:00am for the early arrivals - that sells tea / coffee & cakes also hot meals. We usually ride for a couple of hours in the morning then stop for lunch and then head out for a couple more hours afterwards.

If you are worried about not being fit enough to come along it is not a problem, we have riders of all abilities turn up, from overweight '40+' blokes like me to XC race whipetts. No one is ever left behind. Thetford Forest has a mixture of fire road and twisty singletrack, the conditions are generally very good this time of year and the trails only become sticky after days of heavy rain. Looking forward to seeing you all. Retro bikes not compulsary if you only have a modern bike to ride. Any questions just send me a pm.

To avoid any confusion, do you mean Sunday 29th or Monday 30th?

Either works for me, its been a while since I was at Thetford.

Looks good for me ^^^ I like your style ^^^

There was a scheduled meet on the rb calendar for the 15th, maybe it should be changed to this

REKIBorter":7s86lfml said:
Looks good for me ^^^ I like your style ^^^

There was a scheduled meet on the rb calendar for the 15th, maybe it should be changed to this

sounds like a good plan that batman :cool:

ps il be there

letmetalktomark":jby1nx0k said:
Mark, mark me down for this one,

Mark

Mark Mark Mark Mark

Its a dog with no lips barking.... Mark mark mark

Mark my words, Mark, Mark will be there too.

I've been trying to come along to one of these for a while but always been busy :(

But on the 29 Aug i'm freeeeeeeee :D

So scrawled on family calendar so i can't be booked to go anywhere else
Should be coming along with Neilll & maybe another retrobiker if i can persuede him.

Gruff":h923qf6y said:
I've been trying to come along to one of these for a while but always been busy :(

But on the 29 Aug i'm freeeeeeeee :D

So scrawled on family calendar so i can't be booked to go anywhere else
Should be coming along with Neilll & maybe another retrobiker if i can persuede him.

Dang, thats my lift out then.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back