Sunday 16th Hull

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone fancy an earlyish Sunday morning ride this week?

Ben has put together a cracking route starting at the Humber Bridge car park so that you wouldnt have to pay bridge fees by biking across?

Just witing to hear from Ben for confirmation but I was thinking about a 9.00 start?

I've just asked and yes I can come :D
I'll ride there from here, if I get my forks done I'll hopefully ride the Kona.

Anyone welcome, it's not a difficult ride and not the hill up down as before. (ok there is some) I can post up the multimap ride once I get the link again and may be subject to change. If they've put gates up or something. But any diversions would not be long.

There are coffee shops on route and pubs if wanted

The bridge is an easy ride across as well for any on the South Bank, though I do not know where you park over there.
But length has been shortened* to cater for a reasonably slow ride and the extra miles of the bridge.

*well I say shortened, just by chance really :LOL:

There's plenty of places to park in barton.

How long will we be out? I'm keen to come but i.ve been ignoring rachel most of the week and last weekend and working on my golf instead. She's due some attention!

Wont be too long Dave, the route is about 18 miles but could easily be shortened, I dont want to be out too long for the same reasons.

I seem to be coming down with something nasty too, sore throat etc so I will have to make a speedy recovery :(

ok.

chalk me down as a probably then. i'll confirm sat pm

hope you get better asap

This was the route (heading along the bank first)
and well was the general plan (was my first go at a loop from the bridge)
but if it's a short rider, can easily do that and switch back at that crossing of the trail or even if we get to eloughton we can just go straight to Welton on road and back easily.

Quick look at weather is sunny and warmer than today.
So could be anything ;)

Meet at Humber Bridge Car Park at 9:00am near to this Information Building, to the left you'll see some toilets and a path, probably around there OR if it's raining under the sheltered area to the left of the car park (row of shops/cafe)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 9&t=h&z=18

Of course it may just be me going for a ride if Chris is Ill still and nobody else is coming along :LOL:

Back