30th May - Thetford Meet - Average Marks' 30th b'day ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Mark

Retrobike Rider
Guys & Gals. To celebrate Average Marks' 30th birthday (the weekend before officialy) we all going to have a ride at BCP, Sunday 30th May 2010.

Usual spot for 10:30am

Bury Road
Brandon
Suffolk
IP27 0SU

Map here: http://www.multimap.com/s/PJmDkXZS

Details:
Parking is now Pay & Display, there is extra parking in the Orchard car park behind the old peoples home. There is a very good cafe - opens at 10:00am for the early arrivals - that sells tea / coffee & cakes also hot meals. We usually ride for a couple of hours in the morning then stop for lunch and then head out for a couple more hours afterwards.

If you are worried about not being fit enough to come along it is not a problem, we have riders of all abilities turn up, from overweight '40+' blokes like me to XC race whipetts. No one is ever left behind. Thetford Forest has a mixture of fire road and twisty singletrack, the conditions are generally very good this time of year and the trails only become sticky after days of heavy rain. Looking forward to seeing you all. Retro bikes not compulsary if you only have a modern bike to ride. Any questions just send me a pm.

Can you tell Chris has been moderating again? :LOL:

ME AND LEWIS CAN MAKE 2 MORE. HOPE TO HAVE NEW STEED SORTED BY THEN,THIS RETRO THING IS CATCHING.BoB :D

I won't be able to make it this time, cycling in Dalby that weekend which unfortunately is the weekend after the Retrobike ride there...
So, happy birthday for then and have a good one.

I'd be interested in coming along too (if that's OK) - this'll be weather permitting; i.e. if the weather's too nice I'll be off at the beach with my wife and kids, but if it's not ...

Cheers,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back