Any Essex Riders??

Re:

Hadleigh Farm is gradually shaping up to look pretty good!!!
Some of it is rideable at weekends when it's not being worked on!!!!

Couple of quick snaps from yesterday's ride into Southend from Hadleigh, this is just a very small part of what's there now.

Sorry about the quality.....iphone!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 6,258
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6,258
I've ridden parts of it at weekends when it's not being worked on. So far it's pretty good, the rock gardens are stupidly steep (TV didn't do it any justice) but there are bermed sections next to the rocky bits for the less suicidal!!
There are now 2 tunnels by the looks of things where as the Olympic track only had 1. It has been expanded and loads of extra bits added. It's pretty vast, with new bits added to what was already a public section of parkland. The 2 downhill stone bits in the photo look pretty mental and are very steep. There is a new multi million pound visitors centre currently under construction so all in all it's being taken pretty seriously. It will probably end up being a pay to ride facility, but how they monitor that will be interesting!

Little Bump ,looking to ride once a week Sunday morning would be good..
Need to get fit..anyone else up for it..

Re:

Hi, just signed up. I'm in Basildon, usually ride at Langdon Hills or Hadleigh. Actually rode the Olympic site before it was open to the public.
My bikes are few weeks from rideable but I'd be interested in meeting new folk to ride with.

Hi Chelmsford here, only just getting back into cycling.
I hear Danbury is good. Closest I’ve got is Galleywood common, a few decent short trails and at least one downhill
There’s always Hadleigh, a bit hilly though ;)

Sorry for post on old thread, but was hoping one of you Essex based guys might be able to help me out with something??

I studied in Chelmsford during the late 90s and used to ride quite a bit over in Danbury. I used to pop in to a bike shop on Duke Street quite a bit for parts and servicing and for the life of me I can't remember what is was called. Does anyone remember it? Only asking for nostalgic purposes, but frustrated I can't remember.

Latest posts

Back