East Midlands THREE TRIBES RIDE May 1st

rc200ti

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
SATURDAY MAY 1st 10.00 HOPE

The plan is for three groups (East Mids, North West, North East) to set off from different points, meet up to ride together to a pub, and then return to their starting points.
Each group will approach the meeting point on the west bank of Ladybower Reservoir from their respective directions.

We will start from Hope on the A6187 as it has a great cafe tuned to the needs of retro folk (bacon sandwiches). The morning and afternoon legs will be about 10 miles each, with the group ride approx 5 miles. It is rather hillier than the usual east mids terrain, but bigger ups = bigger downs. The return leg has good optional bale outs should the morning, pub, or weather have proved too effective.

So come and have a great ride, and be comfortable in the knowledge that the person with the route may be enthusiastic but is also older and slower than most.

Who's in ?

I'll be joining you all being well, any chance of a preview of the route.
I love that area, might try and camp Friday night and get the family to come out and camp Saturday night.
If I'm taking the P7 I'll have to try fit in a carry up Jacobs Ladder and a 'spin' up Winnatts pass into the weekend.

I'll post the route sometime over the weekend (if SWMBO isn't too demanding). It's not cast in stone and I've tried to keep things flexible, especially the return leg. The middle section from the visitor centre to the pub is a guess based on a brief description from Dr S.

Here it is. I've tried to build in a kind of warm-up, rather than full on from the outset. Hopefully this will mean I will have just enough energy left at the end of the day to get me to the top of the last climb. As I said earlier, this is open to change. :D

Attachments

• ThreeTribes1510.jpg
    ThreeTribes1510.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,846
thats a crackin route. for those who may be be tempted to bale early - dont! The last bit (after the vicious climb from ladybower) is the best and not to be missed.
The pub can get busy, esp if theres a pack of motorbikers there, so may be a wait for food.

for those who may be be tempted to bale early - dont! The last bit (after the vicious climb from ladybower) is the best and not to be missed.
:D Thanks to Mr K for his Day in the Peaks last year which had this as the final run in.

Looks like a good outward and return route Rob.
The NWA group will be riding with you on the return leg as far as Hope Cross. The only really tough climb after the pub stop will be the one up through the woods up to Hope Cross. Then you'll have the brilliant descent back down to Hope while we have a great descent back into Edale.

Looking forward to it.

Looking good Rob. Some nice trails on your chosen route. Looking forward to kicking off the summer with this one. ;)

Back