Salcey Forest Sunday rides (Northants)

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
There's an informal, non race pace ride most Sundays at Salcey Forest in Northamptonshire. Non technical, purpose made trails but a nice refreshing few loops round the forest each week.

11am start, couple of hours riding.

Salcey Forest is between Milton Keynes and Northampton,
and located immediately to the east of the small village of Hartwell.
OS Grid Reference: SP 795 514
NN7 2HX

01780 444920
northants@forestry.gsi.gov.uk
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/salceyforest

If you are coming from Northampton, come off the A45 Ring Road and head for Quinton, stay on this back road for a few miles and the Visitor Center is on your left.

Parking Fee £3.50 (day rate)

Google Maps (item C) http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... =UTF8&z=10

I'm up for this coming Sunday :)

First ride since March 7th :roll: :roll:

it's good to be back out there 'doing a bit' though :)

Salcey_May23_01.JPG

Salcey_May23_02.JPG

It was the start of a VERY hot day for the UK so we started the ride at 10am and did 17.674 miles of hot dusty trails. GT-Steve tore a valve off his front tube about 5 minutes out but after he switched tubes we had no more 'mechanicals'

I did a lap of the woods on his Alpinestars Cro-Mega and I must say it rides brilliantly, much better than what I was riding...

neilll":ky8n9zkw said:
I did a lap of the woods on his Alpinestars Cro-Mega and I must say it rides brilliantly, much better than what I was riding...

I'll happily do a permanent swapsie with you, if you like, just give the nod and a little twist of the arm, and the deal's done..... ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah it was a good ride (bar the innertube trouble) and glad we got out there early as the heat later in the day would've killed me.... :oops:

Steve

Joined Neilll & GT-Steve for a bimble round Salcey today. Hot, dry, dusty trails. Good to get some miles in after the past months slackness.

Nice to meet you today, the weather was awesome, as was the off-piste action too :roll: ;) :oops: :LOL:

Hopefully I'll have a bit more life in the legs next time. :oops:

BTW - just to amend Neilll's 1st thread we meet in a carpark round the corner from the main entrance as it's totally gratis.. :cool: :cool: :cool:

We also meet at 10am now the hot weather's around, ;) :oops:

Are you chaps interested in coming to the Forest of Dean ride on the 18th of July? :D

Are these rides still going. I live about 1/2 mile from Salcey Forest and would be up for a few laps done time. Have to use my modern bikes for a spell, but should have the Alpinestars ready soon.

Latest posts

Back