Northants Mini Meet - Salcey Forest 7th March - Aftermath

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Thought I would hook up with fellow Northants RB member GT-Steve and do a few loops of Salcey Forest yesterday.

The day was cold but with lots of sunshine, this drew the crowds sadly so we spent lots of time dodging 'ramblers' all over the Cycle Trail but we got a few miles under our belt none the less and even bumped into Ti Fat Man (heard someone shouting "RetroBike" from among the trees when we were riding :LOL: )

One day when its dead quiet I want to ride up the Tree Top Walk :twisted:

The route: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/636693

Salcey_07032010_01.JPG

Salcey_07032010_02.JPG

Salcey_07032010_03.JPG

Salcey_07032010_04.JPG

Salcey_07032010_05.JPG

Salcey_07032010_06.JPG

Salcey_07032010_07.JPG

Yeah it was a good (if c-c-c-c-cold) ride, and nice to meet you, (and Al)
I just need to adjust my brakes to 'squeak' and I'll be able to scare some of them doddery old ramblers out the way, too :LOL:

Loving that Trimble link, especially the speed/pace profile, cos I can now see my (peaks) pathetic attempts a few painfully short sprints :oops: :LOL: and the (troughs), where we stood around gas-baggin'

Looking forward to getting out there again the near future
Steve

I must admit I was thinking of taking a ride round there. Has anyone ridden the old railway tracks south of Market Harborough? From the brief glimpse I got it looked promising.

NIJE":7as8od2h said:
I must admit I was thinking of taking a ride round there. Has anyone ridden the old railway tracks south of Market Harborough? From the brief glimpse I got it looked promising.

Sounds promising,
I used to love riding old disused railway lines BITD

:evil: :evil:

I'm really missing my rides!

Should be back out on the 21st :)

you got any tyres yet??? ;) :?:

I've got a couple of spares at the mo if you've not??
Steve

As soo a I get a car rack I wil make the time to get ove to Salcey and that railway line too. I'm also a bit reluctant to ride my Zaskar as it's in such good condition I would hate to scrape it! Maybe my first 're-learning' rides should be on an old scrot. I know! What a woos! :LOL:

Yeah Steve,
Got some Specialized amberwalls but not more Umma's :LOL:

Have left you a message on you're mob voicemail, let me know what you think.

Let me know when the next 'Salcey' is.....will be bringing retro aluminium next time....EWR is off the road :cry: :cry:

Hi Neilll

I shall be there on Sunday 21st around 11am.
awaiting a pm from Steve.
:)

Back