East Midlands ride Sunday 14th March: UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well the date is set: Sunday 14th March. Rob (rc200ti) as deputy AEC has put this route together (marked in pink and blue) as a gentle introduction to the rides possible in the East Midlands area.

We plan to be out all day, taking it very steady for all abilities, but there are plenty of short cuts if any/all riding want to head to the pub earlier than planned ;)

The ride takes in much of the countryside around the South Derbyshire village of Ticknall - famous for former occupants Edwina Currie (MP) and Ted Moult ("Fit the Best...Everest!" :D). There are reservoirs, hills, country lanes, farm tracks, woods, (did I mention pubs?!) you name it we have it here. None of it is exposed so even if the weather is bad we are never far from shelter or a pub. Or both preferably ;)

You'll get muddy and wet - so be prepared. We're not likely to get bogged down though.

There is plenty of free parking and some toilets at the village hall car park which we propose to be the starting point.

More details closer to the time.

ticknall.jpg

ticknalldayroute2.jpg

We estimate the morning route to be 16.5 miles and the afternoon 7.5.

Morning section should take no more than 3 hours (inc. chat and mechanicals :D ), the afternoon 1.5 at most.

As mentioned before plenty of options for short cuts if need be and the afternoon loop is of course optional.

Registering my interest. As it is a sunday i should be on this but can't confirm till the friday before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back