LONG MYND IN MARCH

rc200ti

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Its time for our annual Long Mynd day.

Sunday March 29th Riding at 10.00
Meet at the Car Park at the junction of Easthope Rd and Lion Meadow, CHURCH STRETTON
Postcode: SY6 6BL. Grid ref: SO 453936
Map link: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie ... 5&t=h&z=17
There is a car-park charge of £3.50 for the day (unless it has gone up over the last twelve months).

There isn't a National Series this year so this ride will be posted in the Rides Calender with an open invitation. We may have guests and need to be on our very best behaviour.

I'm really excited about the route 25% of which takes in interesting stuff we haven't done before. There's going to be a lot of climbing and this is very much a training ride for The Trans Cambrian. Three ascents of The Mynd I'm afraid with the morning session taking in two of them. Lunch will be at Bridges, and the climb back afterwards can be suited to weather / time / and legs.
Two of the descents are new, one a short zig-zag and the other a long sweeping single-track into and along the valley bottom. The final descent will be the much loved long grassy slope that leads into the steeper single-track down the valley side.

Distance in the morning 17ish miles, and in the afternoon min 5 and max 9ish.

I NEED TO PRE -ORDER FOOD. SEE FURTHER DOWN THIS THREAD FOR DETAILS

Dont forget that we have ridden The Mynd at this time of year in everything from snow and hail to warm sunny blissfulness. Be prepared.

Anybody from outside the area please let me know if you plan to attend by posting here so that I can warn the pub.

Re:

I'll do my best to make the journey down for this one. Riding on the Mynd is always fantastic.

Re:

YES YES YES!
Gutted to miss the Mynd ride last year but I've got my pass stamped for this one :D :D :D
Just need to get the Lava Dome fettled, sounds like the perfect maiden outing for her!

Re:

:D
Nine east midlanders look likely plus a poss appearance from Mat.
Guests to date:
Dsp (?)
Twister +1
Dicko10
Danson67
Feetabix

Back