Any recommendations for Powder coaters - Leics, Nott, Derby?

Cossington

Retro Guru
Hi,

Has anyone used any powder coaters for bike frames in Leicestershire, (or up to Derby or Nottignham) they would recommend?

I know some provide a better finish than others, some mask off the bottom bracket, bottle cage bosses etc, others don't.

Many thanks,

David

Hi

I used New Star of 219 Humberstone Lane, Thurmaston; 0116 269 6937.

Very pleased with results and they did mask all the threads and bosses on my olmo road frame. I think I payed £45 for frame & fork which included removal/sand blasting of old paint.

Regards

2cdbg2b.jpg

otherself":fjankq36 said:
Hi

I used New Star of 219 Humberstone Lane, Thurmaston; 0116 269 6937.

Very pleased with results and they did mask all the threads and bosses on my olmo road frame. I think I payed £45 for frame & fork which included removal/sand blasting of old paint.

Regards

2cdbg2b.jpg

apparently Newstar are no longer trading, my dad was getting a frame resprayed for a christmas present for me. gave him the details for newstar, but there is no one at that premisses and the phone number is dead.

but apparently there is another sprayshop nearby.
for future refrence. ;)

I should have provided an update, too. Sorry for that.

I used 'We do powder coating', at B3-B4, Troon Industrial Est, Humberstone Lane, Thurmaston LE4 9HA.

Cost was £35 for frame only (already stripped of paint), which included good masking of threads and chrome areas. Very good choice of colours and a prompt turnaround.

I'd use them again.

Best wishes,

David

I have used John Whiteman Engineering in Long Eaton, Notts a few times now....around £50 all in blasted and coated and the finishes these chaps achieve are amazing! trust me.

SantaHul":mnok1kju said:
Racin Snake: Any photos of there work? I'm looking to get a couple of frames done soon.

If he does not then mine is currently in there now so i should have it on about 2 weeks :D

Back