Matlock / Clay Cross area

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm going to be down near the west of Clay Cross, and not so far from Matlock this month.

Anyone know this area, I know there is the south peaks over here, but where else is good to ride maybe a bit closer out my door ?

Or good to eat and drink :D and take the kids and elders.

I was just scanning through that thread (may pinch the idea for our area, I have a few I can put up around me)

Quick idea though, slap an approx postcode for the start ? makes tapping it into bing/google maps easy.

Still deciding if I should take the bike with me :?

Have started to add the start point on the most recent ride (last night), postcode might not always be possible though!

I came back last weekend and well there are loads of places to ride around there without traveling to far, plenty of people out in the sun riding with the families.

Not me as I decided not to take the bike in the end.

I did see a chap riding a Scott Evolution (e-stay) in Matlock, think he was with some mates near the rather terrible 'Market/bus station')

I know this area very well! You can link up rides out into the peaks, ashover, chatsworth way or go the other way and head towards hardwick and then onto sherwood pines. I found a load of OS maps from BITD I'll scan and pop on here. Some very good riding to be had!

Back