So the following have registered some interest:

rc200ti (Rob)
imnotanumber-06 (John)
nakedgav (Gav)
icarus (Geoff)
drystonepaul (Paul)
elpedro666
and Tony (not a member).

The route will be testing but we have all day and there will be shortcuts. We aim to bring some OS maps or copies that will allow any riders that need to cut the route short to do so safely. I personally have downloaded the OS maps to my GPS phone so we will know where we are at any time (it can get a bit confusing up on the top of the Long Mynd - especially if the weather is bad).

This isn't an official sanctioned Retrobike event, it's just being arranged through here, so feel free to bring any bike you choose.

We will let you know when and where to meet shortly. It's likely to be around 10am in the public car park in the centre of Church Stretton (around £4 for all day parking), but we'll confirm closer to the time.

Bring clothing that assumes the worst of weather.

Here's the plan. One of the coloured routes represents the one we are doing (I forget which :oops:). Rob can clarify.

long_mynd_0311fl_199.jpg

Here's the link to the meeting place as sent to DSP and elpedro666
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 5&t=h&z=17

I've suggested meeting at 10.00 and looking to ride at 10.30.

We will head south west from the carpark on the greeny-blue route and stay on this until we reach the pub at Wentnor. I've just spoken to them and food is served on Thursday lunchtimes and being wet and muddy isn't an issue.
After lunch we take the purple route, or as much of it as we fancy before climbing the Mynd for the second time.

The morning ride is about 12.5 miles and the afternoon about 15.

Fingers crossed for a dry week. :D

:shock: Some effort gone into piecing that together, very impressive looking! Can't quite make things out on the map, but I think it's further South & West than I'm familiar with, so extra exciting for me ;)

Not sure if I'll be able to sit on a saddle again so soon after today's beasting at Whinlatter though, so it might be tough going! :oops:

Pete

Hi fancy this and will be retro. Off work this week and was planning some rides. I'll be coming on train, there at 10:00 all being well!

Will have to be good weather forecast though :) as miserable on the train if wet through and muddy.

Looked on the maps, there are some serious looking climbs.

paininthe":1472px2x said:
Hi fancy this and will be retro. Off work this week and was planning some rides. I'll be coming on train, there at 10:00 all being well!

Will have to be good weather forecast though :) as miserable on the train if wet through and muddy.

Looked on the maps, there are some serious looking climbs.

Decent climbs indeed - from the bits I've ridden the Mynd is either up or down, no messing about! Going a bit further afield this time though so looking forward to some new bits :cool:

I'll have bike cleaning gear with me (a bucket), anything you want me to chuck in the car to make life easier? Or you can bring your own towel/change of clothes etc & leave them in my car while we ride? :D

paininthe":2l93j5u0 said:
elPedro666":2l93j5u0 said:
Or you can bring your own towel/change of clothes etc & leave them in my car while we ride? :D

Will take you up on that, thanks

No trouble, while I'm feeling altruistic, is the train station far away...? :shock: :LOL:

Back