Lobster gets its official Virgin outing

claret73

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
No work today! It's great being a subcontractor, just doesn't pay to be one...So, on a day like today with the promise of sunshine & the potential for a knee blow out again, took the Lobster to 'The Clent Hills' just outside of Stourbridge.

Found a route on-line which was a bit tricky to follow & didn't help getting chased by a Dog which led me to miss my turning ending with me hitting some 'Illegal' downhill section which was a blast, just glad nobody saw me :roll:

Lots of Bridleways in this area, but a bit thick & muddy in places where it doesn't get to dry out from the horse bashing they get, but some great views all around once you get high up. And all of this on the Birmingham doorstep...

Since building this up end of last year have had a niggling knee problem which I've still got, but really needed to get out! Fortunately it didn't blow out again on the ride & the Lobster performed really well. Not sure how the forks are working, but the zip tie moved, giving me about an inch of travel somewhere?...I might play about with the stem height but even though the saddle looks forward on the rails it felt comfortable. May move it back a fraction. The IRC Tyres were great, very grippy and the Cantis did a job of locking up the rear wheel when needed. Now if only I'd had a Bottle Cage for that nuisance dog...

Attachments

• TrigPoint.jpg
    TrigPoint.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,173
  • SingleTrack.jpg
    SingleTrack.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,173
  • Cows.jpg
    Cows.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,173
  • Track.jpg
    Track.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,173
Clent is where it all began for me, it's within about a mile of my mom and dad's place. I was last there about three years ago but most of the singletrack I did as a kid was closed off to bikes. Do you think you could find a link for that route you tried to follow?

Weeman, here you go:
http://www.mrmichaelwright.co.uk/subpages/clentroute.htm

Directions are a bit sketchy, so I may do an updated version with more detail and see if I can find some bridleway in between the Swan Pub at Fairfield as far too much road to get to that section of Bridleway. Bits of road in between too, which breaks up the undulating Hill parts.

It's now owned by The National Trust so a lot of parts have been made 'No Cycling' sections, but Bridleways to be found I'd imagine if you stumbled across routes...time to get the OS Map out...

looking good. only thing is you HAVE to get rid of or reduce that "hump". not only does it look off, it outright looks dangerous! :shock: :LOL: ;)

Hi all, I live just down the road from Clent and was there last Friday afternoon. I took my Zaskar and me m8 borrowed my Pine Mountain. We had a 3 or so hour tour around the area. Give us a shout if anyone is up for a spin. We had an hour or so in Leasowes park on thurs afternoon as well.

Cheers

Matt

Back