South Yorkshire

mikeekim89

Old School Grand Master
Hey, so yeah, i was wondering if any rides are going down in south yorkshire, sort of huddersfield (west, i know) barnsley, sheffield, rotherham, doncaster or anywhere inbetween, since i can get pretty much no-were else outside of these places besides villages around penistone area as far out as holmfirth, if anyone has anything going can i get some info please, as i'm bored of riding the trail alone and i have too test out my scott properly :LOL: Thanks people

Mike,

Whereabouts do you normally ride? I don't live too far from you. I sometimes go out onto the TPT, up to Woodhead tunnel or down to Greno woods.

to be quite honest, i only ride the trail, i don't know any routes since i'm kind of a newbie to the area and haven't got a map, i could doo with stretching my legs on some new stuff though, sorry if that doesn't really help :?

mikeekim89":38uv1r2o said:
to be quite honest, i only ride the trail, i don't know any routes since i'm kind of a newbie to the area and haven't got a map, i could doo with stretching my legs on some new stuff though, sorry if that doesn't really help :?

Grenoside woods is supposed to be one of the best places to ride in the country, especially for downhillers. But to be honest I normally just ride the transpennine trail and don't get off the beaten track (not very fit)

There are some great roads for cycling on the road, and some good hills too. They have a national hill-climb in Stocksbridge every year.

I did cut gate last year in full, riding on road there, and off-road back which was great fun.

This is what the area groups is all about. We have healthy little groups in North Yorkshire and Northumberland and a new group in South Yorks is a great idea. There are a good few RB members down Barnsley, Sheffield, Halifax, Wakefield and Hudd. You guys can get together locally for evening and weekend rides and also work on car sharing/ lifts to the bigger rides. Would be great to see you all at the big weekender this year!

sounds like a plan :cool: i wouldn't mind getting some good rides in, and i'll try to get too the weekender, see if we can get a group together and explore some,

(P.S. Does this mean it could become a sticky? ;) :LOL:)

Not really any need for it being a sticky as there isn't many threads on this section. Gallery and Calendar got stickied and the upcoming rides get a sticky to keep them at the top of the page.

If you want to plan a ride though it will get stickied ;) maybe a loop around Penistone, Silkstone, Cawthorne?? Some good little trails down that way- would make a good summer ride! Get exploring and we'll come and see what you found. :D

Back