H`alo

Simonside resident

MacRetro Rider
I was advised to put this here so:
I `m a forty something year old mountainbike friend who has some of the best cycling in Northumberland at my doorstep.
I have dabbled in Downhilling and XC racing over the years,riding both at home and abroad, but have decided that the best kind of riding is "tim(ing)eless".
My oldest bike is a `96 Rockhopper so nothing grand there, but if any of you are local enough to Coquetdale and fancy a trip round some uncluttered trails just drop me a line.

Hi fella, and welcome to the madhouse.. :)

I'm based just north of morpeth,,and get up towards simonside now and again.. more so thrunton, You are indeed lucky as there are a lot of trails your way..

Theres a few of us in this area so drop us a line when your out and about.. :)

Welcome again matey. Going to try out Simonside on next weeks night ride so dust of that Kona*

Hey Lysander, when are we going to see you out on the trails mate?? :p

*although I won't be riding anything retro up there myself at this time of year :oops: :oops:

I shall endevour to drag my unfit carcass round Gisburn if the weather keeps clear and bright.......... :p

Dr S":1sz65asy said:
Welcome again matey. Going to try out Simonside on next weeks night ride so dust of that Kona
When I say Simonside I don`t mean the Hepple whitefield loop, I just stay in the main bit of the forest underneath the crags...
If this is similar to what you have in mind, there may be a plan hatching*....

Oh and dust off? Its still got mud on from the last time I was out a fortnight ago!

*The kick up the ass I need to get out regularly

Would make a good change from Thrunton. Just got back from a few hours hard slog through the gloop. Very icy tonight. Might be good for next week but depends- I really need to get my forks serviced, pissing oil out and blowing through their travel far too easily.

Thanks for the offer dude but it's a modern thing and designed around a 130mm fork. I could always bring the Moots along if they arn't back in time.

Which night were you thinking?

Toons has a few nights he can't do next week I think.

Back