Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:02 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC

Matthews wrote:
Apart from the climb out of Reeth !!! :D

Best thing to do for that hill is........ think about the lovely view :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:44 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Having driven down it (the north side of Reeth ie the steep one) on a number of occasions then yes it's a nice view, a gondola lift would be good !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Hoping to go out on my little local 18ish mile local loop round Bramley/Calverly/Esholt on Sunday if anyone fancies joining me.
Matthew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:52 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Well been out with the dogs and Calverley woods are finally dry enough to ride through so should be a good pootle out tomorrow :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:06 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Just back from a very inprompt ride myself, or getting lost if that counts :wink: something has been planned for me for tomorrow so, i just grabbed a bike and ran. :)

It is getting dryer out there, some bits dryer than others. Done some extra recon for this months ride on the 16th. i'm pleased with the results. I found a very pleasant and flat all-weather 'area', i know you will all like it :)

Have a good ride matthew, get some pics. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:31 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Location: where having straight teeth in your mouth is more important than the words that come out of it
Was at the inlaws in Newton today. Wondered what all the traffic was about. Well it was the annual tractor run (not to be confused with yhe traction engines that run out of Pickering). 200 vintage tractors turned up to go for a run round the local villages. takes ages for them all to come by. Well long enough to stand and have a pint on the village green. Now i'm not really into tractors but a restored old machine is a restored old machine be it a bike or a tractor and seeing all these come by couldn't help but smile.. If we havent got owt on this time next year we could do worse than plan a ride that gets to the whote swan for 2.00. Then follow them all down into pickering.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:57 pm 

Unclejack wrote:
Was at the inlaws in Newton today. Wondered what all the traffic was about. Well it was the annual tractor run (not to be confused with yhe traction engines that run out of Pickering). 200 vintage tractors turned up to go for a run round the local villages. takes ages for them all to come by. Well long enough to stand and have a pint on the village green. Now i'm not really into tractors but a restored old machine is a restored old machine be it a bike or a tractor and seeing all these come by couldn't help but smile.. If we havent got owt on this time next year we could do worse than plan a ride that gets to the whote swan for 2.00. Then follow them all down into pickering.

No pics then ?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Location: where having straight teeth in your mouth is more important than the words that come out of it
:oops: Erm no.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

anyone got anything going on back end of the month? I had a busy weekend this weekend and missed both rides :cry: I'm now also think that going up to Aviemore is just plain daft. It’s not the cost so much just can’t afford three days away and don’t fancy a 7 hour drive back after a days riding.
So is anyone doing anything Sat 25th? I'm also quite fancying a go at Hellvellyn...

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:58 pm 

Unclejack wrote:
anyone got anything going on back end of the month? I had a busy weekend this weekend and missed both rides :cry: I'm now also think that going up to Aviemore is just plain daft. It’s not the cost so much just can’t afford three days away and don’t fancy a 7 hour drive back after a days riding.
So is anyone doing anything Sat 25th? I'm also quite fancying a go at Hellvellyn...

I'm still hoping I'm going to Aviemore but will know for sure by the end of the week....

If I can't go I'd be up for something...... Hellvellyn maybe ??

If you fancy riding this Sunday I'm doing a test run for our National :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1038 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104  Next