Status
Not open for further replies.

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
North East, North and West Yorkshire Proudly present

Emley Moor and the Yorkshire Sculpture park ride

Meeting at 10.00am Thornes park Wakefield WF2 8QZ (Main car park) for a 10.30am start: https://goo.gl/maps/zYF4u47BU2DXpMrx5

We have various options for food and drink (piss heads) :facepalm: It could be hummus and olives at the sculpture park or a kebab, who knows, the choice is yours :D

Distance 23 miles.

Difficultly rating 3/5.

No helmet No Ride.

More details to follow.

Attachments

• emley.jpg
    emley.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 5,699
  • emley1.JPG
    emley1.JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 5,699
  • emley2.JPG
    emley2.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 5,699
  • emley3.JPG
    emley3.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 5,699
  • Mast.jpg
    Mast.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 5,699
Re: Re:

Matthews":2pg9r7fv said:
Well it's on the wall planner , hope I don't need a gravel bike to come along .

Well a gravel bike is like riding an early 90's retro bike, except you have curly bars and awkward brake levers :facepalm:

It has a bit of everything, plus Pugneys has been done too many times.

You will have to trust me on this one :D

Re:

POSTPONED

Stu has had a little off (his bike) So will be running this ride later in the year.

Re: Re:

kaya":o67kn1wl said:
POSTPONED

Stu has had a little off (his bike) So will be running this ride later in the year.

So an update from me, I did have a bit of a fall in Glentress, Scotland, it was a big one at around 20mph, lost the front and straight into the floor :(

THE DAMAGE

Broken left radial (wrist) I have broken the corner off but it seems to be sat back in place and healing well.

2 broken ribs on my right hand side, high up under my arm, bloody rocks are tough in Scotland.

ligament damage to the right shoulder.

Heavy bruising all over and gravel rash to my shoulder, chest, right elbow and both shins :facepalm:

Considering what I landed on it could have been far worse, I am mending quickly but it is the wrist and the cast that will hold me up, however I do not want to rush the recovery.

if all goes well I would like to run this ride at the end of October, I will have to wait and see what the doctors say next week.

Stuart.

Re:

This ride is back on, Sunday the 20th of October

I have made a decent recovery, the cast is off, just need to build the strength back up in the wrist (Que the wanking jokes) :facepalm:

Now I know what Jeremy Beadle felt like :)

Stuart.

Re:

I’m glad you’re on the mend.

I think I should make this ride. It’s less than an hour up the m1 so perfectly feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back