Hello from a sometime lurker

KondratievsBike

Dave Yates Fan
Hi

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello.

I 've been hanging round the forum for a while in current guise and also previously with login details that I forgot long ago.

Used to race on and off (badly) in the early nineties and worked for a while as a mechanic at Chevin Cycles in Otley.

Bit of a luddite (bikes lost some of their magic with the widespread adoption of aheadsets and disc brake mounts in my slightly deluded view) and suddenly got a hankering to restore and ride an Orange Clockwork with thumbies and rigid forks. I've not ridden mountain bikes properly since forever having been overtaken by triathlon (also done badly) and CX bikes and riding fixed off road :roll:

Just entered Battle on the Beach in April and fancy doing it on something a quarter of a century old.

I'd love to know about rides round here or even offer to help organise if that suited.

All the best

Andy

Re:

The old clockwork will be fine :)

Hard work on a beach though compared to the fat bikes.

It's the sort of thing I'd try with smoke lites.

There are a few near you and they will hopefully be along.

KondratievsBike":3nzfvcz9 said:
Hi

Just thought I'd drop by and say hello.

I 've been hanging round the forum for a while in current guise and also previously with login details that I forgot long ago.

Used to race on and off (badly) in the early nineties and worked for a while as a mechanic at Chevin Cycles in Otley.

Bit of a luddite (bikes lost some of their magic with the widespread adoption of aheadsets and disc brake mounts in my slightly deluded view) and suddenly got a hankering to restore and ride an Orange Clockwork with thumbies and rigid forks. I've not ridden mountain bikes properly since forever having been overtaken by triathlon (also done badly) and CX bikes and riding fixed off road :roll:

Just entered Battle on the Beach in April and fancy doing it on something a quarter of a century old.

I'd love to know about rides round here or even offer to help organise if that suited.

All the best

Andy

Hello KondratievsBike, we have a ride coming up on the 27th of January, it would be great if you could make it.

Regards

Stuart.

Re:

Hi, I'm from Ackworth, now living in Aberdeen, but get back down to the area every couple of months, was down a few weekends ago riding around wentbridge/brockadale/kirk Smeaton. :)

I'll give you a shout next month as I'll be down for a few days, got the Orange finished yet?

Oh, and the Yorkshire retro bikers are good blokes and put on some great rides, you'll enjoy any of the rides :D

Back