slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Saturday the 12th of May

NE/North&West Yorks are proud to present

Return to Settle an Malham, Yorkshire Dales

:: Date: Saturday the 12th May
:: Distance/time: 21 Miles with shortcut options/approx 6hrs including stops.
:: Meeting at: 10.00am onwards, ride starts at 10.30am Lower Greenfoot Lane Car Park, Settle BD24 9RB
:: Directions: https://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s ... h&z=16
:: Terrain: 85% off road, mainly well surfaced but expect some mud in places. 1400ft of climbing, drove roads, shooting tracks and some technical singletrack.

The ride starts with a big climb out of Settle and onto the new section of the Pennine Bridleway before heading off over Malham Moor toward the Tarn (the highest Lake in England).
Then a brake burning descent into Malham Village for a hearty pub lunch and ales, followed by a short walk to Malham Cove. The return leg will see us saddling up again for the big climb up onto the Pennine Bridleway again and the final descent down the fantastic Stockdale Lane into Settle.

Stunning Dales views all the way round with particularly good views of the mighty Three Peaks in the distance.

There is plenty of parking in Settle as well as a good few pubs and hotels for those wanting to make a weekend of it. There are also regular trains from Carlisle and Leeds for those who want to leave the car at home.

Please make sure your bike is in good fettle and you are dressed for all weathers.

:: NO HELMET NO RIDE

See thi up on't moors!

Attachments

• settle1.JPG
    settle1.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 4,354
Re:

Oooo, going to try to make at least some of this one. Between nights but should be ok. Last time I rode this route with you lot, in the snow, I bust my mint Syncros post! :facepalm:

Re:

Forecast's looking good and not too hot, time to get your names down so we know who to wait for .

Re:

Looks like I'll be struggling as on restricted duties after cutting my hand open at work. :facepalm:

Don't wait for me but if it recovers in time I will try to make it. :(

Re:

Will be on this one ,any one got a shifter they can fit be for the off
Front mech won’t change :facepalm: have to stop and change by hand :LOL: worst case.

Re: Re:

kenaltobelli":2fr33lo8 said:
Will be on this one ,any one got a shifter they can fit be for the off
Front mech won’t change :facepalm: have to stop and change by hand :LOL: worst case.

What bike is it Ken? what type of shifter?

Is the inner cable seized solid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back