Temple Newsam Saturday 21st of October

Status
Not open for further replies.

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
North East, North and West Yorkshire group proudly present...

TEMPLE NEWSAM

Temple Newsam, Leeds. Probably the biggest and best preserved public parks with miles of bridalway and woodland that encircle the house, home farm, flora and fauna touched by lancelot "capability" brown, 18th century landscape architect.
"NEW HOUSE" Was the best description of temple newsam within the doomsday book c1086 printed in latin. yes! it's that old.

Join us on an adventure within the park and beyond to the Leeds country way. We then follow the canal to Methley and about-turn to the infamous fish and chip shop for lunch. Then, it's a steady pedal back up to temple Newsam to take in more of it's splendor.

START:: Large carpark on main access road leading to house(free) beware 6' barrier. on-road parking(free) also available. LS15 0AE.
start point- http://maps.google.com/?ll=53.78733,-1. ... 4&t=h&z=19

TIME:: 10:00am for 10:30am start.

DISTANCE:: 15-18 Miles.

TERRAIN:: Woodland tracks, bridalways and canal tow-paths 90% off road.

DIFFICULTY RATING:: 2/5.

NO HELMET:: NO RIDE

Re:

Pretty sure I can make it.

At some point during that week I'm doing a ride in that area, a real good one, weather friendly. I'm happy to show you it for the ride on saturday. The meet up point would be different though. Includes a better chippy!

I will keep you updated.

Right folks , recce done today and all is good no matter what the weather gods throw at us , around 14/15 miles and this is one enjoyable but piss easy ride , all those people umming n arrghing about can I do it , this is the ride for you , the more experienced riders will be rewarded with a nice steady and enjoyable social ride with ( according to Marc North) superb fish n chips , you'll get to see a stately home , a f*****g huge drag line excavator, a nature reserve , a marina, the A1/M1 link (from above) and numerous bits of woodland all on the outskirts of Leeds and within really easy reach of M1/A1/M62 .
Hopefully we might attract some of our lesser seen eastern crew .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back