Christmas Pudding Run Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

Christmas Pudding Run Aftermath

Big thanks to Gil for leading us round some of the best bit of Dalby forest,
Great group of riders with not enough retrobikes :LOL: unless you class 26" wheels an steel tubes retro... but its :xmas-cool:

Good weather, dry loamy trails (mostly) made for a great day out, what a way to end the year, pics below and a link to my album.

Good vibrations

I've given up the kebabs

Sunny Days

Fats the way

Big Skys

On the naughty step

We are not amused

Frosty fields

Distant Fylingdales

Fat Lads

Hear/See/Speak No Evil

Long an Winding Road

Back at the Cafe

We Welcome All Wheel Sizes :xmas-cool:

Here's a link to the rest of my pics... http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/Grove ... Run%202016

Thanks for looking and hope to see y'll on the next one...

cheers kaya

Re:

Only a few from me today... Spent most of the stops learning modern gear... headset was creaking, Rear mech lost its B screw and chain snapped - thanks for the help Long'un!

Some nice routes and Gil took us through some of the lesser known trails... Enjoyed the switchback downhill burn section at the end.... and even i caught that girl up around half way down! Thanks to Vern for organising and Gil for leading. Looking forward to the next one! Special mention to Carl for getting up early and traversing the pennines!

Why did I have Steppenwolfs "The Pusher" song in my head all day...? In fairness he pushes as fast as I ride though!

Sacrilege! Actually really nice to ride when it was behaving!

Our leader for the day...

I really liked this, and it gave me some ideas for my early Soul build.

Liked this as well!

Refuelling stop...

Green Giant..

Was very enjoyable ride thanks Vern and Gil for leading and letting me sit on the jones bike that I will never ever be able to afford definitely worth the drive only go home at 630! :shock: :cool:

Re:

Some great pics there rich, love the one of Si with the two hip flasks,
glad you enjoyed it Carl hope it was worth the trek.

top day gents, really cool to do some none red route stuff as well!

cheers to vern and gil :)

no pics but when i upload the short vid bits ill sort some out

Re:

:( looks like a perfect day! Glad you all enjoyed it though! ;) special well done to those who came with a retrobike! :D

Thanks for a great ride out guys, and a big thank you to Gill for reminding me there are still some great old trails tucked away and almost forgotten in the midst of all the newer stuff.
Hope to be around for the next adventure too.
Hope the little Specialized mud guard does the trick for you Chris, but if not it is worth a try. Was just kicking around in my van.
Sorry i didn"t join you at the cafe, but was supposed to be back home for 4, well that didn"t happen!
Got home for 4.45, no thanks to usual A64 traffic.
See you all on next one at end of Jan.

Latest posts

Back