Ambleside and tunnels aftermath

nobby the sheep

Retrobike Rider
My entire body feckin aches .saying that had a great day ,nice to meet some new faces as well as catch up with some of you I already know .next time I'm out I think I'm going to invest in some bubble and a nice figure hugging swim suit .hope Mrs pedro ain't feeling to stiff this morning

Re:

What a ride... Big Hills. Punchers, Blue Sky's, Punchers, Crashes, Punchers and all surrounded by stunning Vista's.

Big thanks to all who made the trek to Chapel Stile and made this a fantastic day on the bike, extra mention to Harry Crumb for leading the ride.

The ride was a joint effort between our group and the North West Area, it being in the Lakes and a 3 hour drive for some, we decided to make a weekend of it.

From arrival Friday evening to leaving Sunday it was wall to wall sun shine, with beers, BBQ's and a few visits to the local pubs a perfect weekend...

I'll leave the pics below to tell the story..

There's a link to the rest of my pics at the bottom of the post.

Camp retrobike

And they wait

Still Waiting

First of many hills

:cool:

More hills

Onward and upwards

Man in Black...

And their off

Lunch time

Beware black sheep

Danger Quarry

Hills with rocks

In the shade

Going under ground

Small hole

Bit of a scramble

I'm coming out

Duck or Ouch

Going down

This IS Fun

Time for a snack

Down Time

Will a 20" tube fit a 26" rim?

Dry Trails an Blue Skys

Home stretch

Last Down hill

Just one more for the road

Nite Nite Campers

Here's a link to the rest of my pics... http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/rb_ka ... 205%202016

Thanks for looking and hope to see y'll on the next one

cheers kaya

Re:

Great days riding with perfect weather for it too, good to see everyone out. The ride wasn't without incident with a fair share off tumbles and punctures, but nothing terminal from either bike or human.
good to see Nobby taking hygiene seriously by taking a quick bath in the river, and hats off to Kiran for sticking with the ride, after a nasty shake up 1/3 of the way round.

Here's some of the pics i managed to take

Re:

Fantastic day out with a bit of 2 wheel caving thrown in , superb company and weather , well worth the effort so a big thanks to those supposedly in charge

Re:

What a weekend, it was great to catch up with everyone :D Lots of sun, beer and even a bike ride in between :facepalm:

I ache like hell even though I did not crash, rigid bikes are hard work. Just a few picks from me.

Latest posts

Back