Ravenscar Railway ride Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

Good weather, good company, great food and fantastic scenery make this a great ride at any time of year,
But when everywhere else is axle deep in mud, that just makes it that bit more enjoyable (smug mode off).

Thanks to all who made the trip to the chippy and extra big thanks to the boys from the N/W area (hope it was worth the trip),
I'll let the pics tell the story and there's more pics in my album (link @ the bottom)

Please post you pics and ramblings here...

Dodgy geezers

Any old iron

Red an Green

Always in a rush

Fat an Thin

Winter colours of Yorkshire

Ay'up I can see chippy from here

In search of chips

Robin Hood's Bay

Mmmmmm fish an chips

Harry Crumb enjoys some Frottage an Chips

Tourists

High Tide

The road to hell

Made in Yorkshire

More signage needed :LOL: :LOL:

Big thanks to you lot :cool: :cool:

Here's a link to the rest of my album... http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/rb_ka ... 3%201%2016

Thanks for looking and hope to see you on the next one...

cheers kaya

Re:

Firstly thanks to Vern and Matthew for organising a top day out. Great to see new and old faces and some great bikes.

Also a special thank you to Carl for letting me have a go on his fat bike - opened my eyes that - watch this space!

Fish and chips were epic accompanied by some sparkling wit and repartee.. mainly supplied by Ken Kebab (putting Banana in Sangria FFS). Top effort also by those that had travelled from the western reaches of the empire!

Personally, I was delighted to manage the climb out of Robins Hood Bay... a few months ago that wouldn't have happened...

But enough of my yacking... here's the pics!

First stop at Ravenscar. How the locals must love Doctor Beeching!

Carls Fat... Was also slightly jealous of the bargain Rock Lobster that Uncle Jack kindly collected for him!

A £5 Saracen Protrax... the x-lite top cap was worth more!

Two fine steeds. One from the UK the other from Vancouver (both wearing Charge Splashbacks btw!!).

A fine body of men...

Destination: Robin Hoods Bay

Lovely Clockwork

EStay ecstasy!

Luke considering not going further...

Nothing to do with us but dig the stem mounted childs seat! This cyclist really must hate their child!

The best fish and chips in the land... (chippie out of view down a little alley)

Partial line up

Matthews Kona

Where's Ken Kebab?

Re:

Great day out, good to see everyone, and yes the fish and chips were great.
Good effort award has to go to Carl for keeping that pace on the fat bike...

Will stick my pics up later when I get back from picking the van up from Thorne.

Re:

As above,great ride out good crack;
Made the climbe out on foot :facepalm: oh dear,
Can only say I am old ,had a cold lately and the bikes heavy :D
Shame about the wildlife not as meny seagulls about but will see you all next time cheers.
Ps took some pics but can't post no laptop,

Great ride and great company as usual , thanks to all those that went and see you all in Feb , sorry but as per usual I forgot any pics .

Re:

Good ride out and cracking fish and chips, think we were pretty lucky with the weather. Some good pictures there, I didn't take any this time.

Re:

Looks like a good un. :cool:

Also enjoyed the use of 'frottage' having not heard that since a copy of Viz in the mid 90's. :LOL:

Back