View

Sunday 20th Sept

NE/North&West Yorks are proud to present

Return to Settle an Malham, Yorkshire Dales

w-42457-malham_moor-189x189.jpg
w-071195-malhamtarnestate-property_image.jpg
w-malham_cove-189x189.jpg

:: Date: Sunday 20th sept
:: Distance/time: 21 Miles with shortcut options/approx 6hrs including stops.
:: Meeting at: 9:30am onwards, ride starts at 10am Lower Greenfoot Lane Car Park, Settle BD24 9RB
:: Directions: click here for start location
:: Terrain: 85% off road, mainly well surfaced but expect some mud in places. 1400ft of climbing, drove roads, shooting tracks and some technical singletrack.

The ride starts with a big climb out of Settle and onto the new section of the Pennine Bridleway before heading off over Malham Moor toward the Tarn (the highest Lake in England).
Then a brake burning descent into Malham Village for a hearty pub lunch and ales, followed by a short walk to Malham Cove. The return leg will see us saddling up again for the big climb up onto the Pennine Bridleway again and the final descent down the fantastic Stockdale Lane into Settle.

Stunning Dales views all the way round with particularly good views of the mighty Three Peaks in the distance.

There is plenty of parking in Settle as well as a good few pubs and hotels for those wanting to make a weekend of it. There are also regular trains from Carlisle and Leeds for those who want to leave the car at home.

Please make sure your bike is in good fettle and you are dressed for all weathers.

Here's a link to the last few aftermaths.... 2013 ... 2011 ... 2011

:: NO HELMET NO RIDE

See thi up on't moors!

Re:

dammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammit!!!!!!!!!!

This'll be the fourth one I can't get to (down in the Midlands for dad's birthday this time) - been gagging to get back ever since the snowy visit...

Re:

Can't make it either. Just about managed to keep my schedule clear enough to sort out the Peaks ride this weekend.
As such next weekend is out of the question.

Will try and make this if I get the all clear off the docs tomorrow, any chance of a lift uncle Vern... it's me Phil, you may remember me from only riding when the weathers nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back