The Yorkshire Weekender Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

Its July and the Yorkshire weekender so the weather forecast is for biblical rain again...

But luck was on our side and we had two days of great riding with a few pubs a great cafe and a BBQ

So without further ado we'll start with some pics...

Happy campers

Rubbish views

Saturdays ride had a theme, see if you can spot it...

Express

Who you lookin at...

Bike an Gate

Ken leads the way :eek:

Dusty dry trails

Whitby and the North sea

Which way

Time for Lunch

Pub No two

Kit Car but sounded sweet

Too many cooks

Part Two... Coming soon

Re:

Thanks for pulling this together Vern & Stu, so glad I didn't turn round this morning when I saw the rain, turned into a cracking little ride and great to see everybody

No pictures I'm afraid, too busy looking for gears ;)

Re:

been a great weekend ,two top rides ,one of my fave places now the north york moors :cool:
and as for the weather it decided to play ball today and keep fine :D see you all again

Re:

Great 2 days riding and bbq last night , 2 good dry rides , 2 good pubs , an A4 in steam and sunbathing in someones doorway outside the pub , great time as always , those that couldn't be bothered missed another cracking weekend and 2 great rides . Not a big picture taker but there is a few >

Attachments

• 2015-07-19 15.05.51.jpg
    2015-07-19 15.05.51.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 2,192
  • 2015-07-19 15.05.45.jpg
    2015-07-19 15.05.45.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 2,192
  • 2015-07-19 15.05.39.jpg
    2015-07-19 15.05.39.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 2,192
  • 2015-07-19 15.01.26.jpg
    2015-07-19 15.01.26.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2,192
  • 2015-07-18 14.53.40.jpg
    2015-07-18 14.53.40.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 2,192
What do you mean not bothered! We all turned up and saw everyone on modern bikes and assumed we where in the wrong place and turned back towards Dalby! You guys need to hold up signs with retrobike on them next time.

Re:

Don't know where you turned up to James , certainly not the campsite that was the start , story I got was you went for breakfast in Pickering , it was raining so you rang stu and said you weren't coming as none of you had waterproofs so you were going home , we were on retro BTW and had a great dry ride that didn't require waterproofs but hey ho it was your decision and at least you let us know , you missed a good one though :D .
Oh by not bothered I wasn't meaning you I was meaning all the ones that didn't even try to get there .

Looks like a great day out with the weather just holding for you. We had the same on the Saturday at Aviemore. We also had a steam train at Boat of Garten, must have been the weekend for it :)

Jamie

Re:

It was pissing it down in Pickering and James and Dan needed to get some waterproofs looking at the radars and forecast.
We held on as long as possible but rang so you lot could decide what you where doing and get on with riding.

We then made Chris go through the pain of Dalby as we needed something to do. It was still raining when we set of up the trails and then it cleared up. But we had decided by then. Looked nice looking over the moors and fylingdales.

Back