Feedback
View
Sunday 26th April

NE&YORKS Present

The Cut Gate Killer

Distance: 13 to 20ish miles

Link to start point :- https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... SlBE&msa=0

Grade: 3.5

Meeting Point: Langsett Res'r, approx 4 miles north of Stocksbridge, South Yorkshire. Postcode: S36 4GY is for the Waggon & Horses pub, the car park is just before/just after this pub. Free parking and toilets.

Time: 9:30 meet for 10am start. This is a long ride and don't expect to be back at the start point until tea time if we do the full route.

Route: A long climb over the legendary Cut Gate and down to Ladybower and Derwent Reservoirs. Technical singletrack all the way with some steep descents. We then continue along the waterside to the cafe. we then return along the shores of the reservoir and climb Margery Hill before the final 6 mile descent back to the start point. Some of the UKs finest natural singletrack is on offer!

"Pic stolen from P20"
3476684212_86168a2ae7_b.jpg

Interested...... it just happens that a similar route was take by Dr S some SIX years ago...

Here's a link to the Aftermath:- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58658

I PROMISE the ride wont be as hard as the Dr's epic day out, but the the vistas will be just as epic...

Re: Cut Gate Killer April 25 or 26

I was gonna sort something soon also for here. The loop I do starts at the car park pop road from Langley, goes over cut gate, round reservoir. Cuppa n food at cafe and back up and ovEr. Finishes the ride with an awesome downhills.

Re:

Yep I am in, there are no excuses for me now, the van is done (well it will never be finished) Teaching qualification is almost finished :D

Looking forward to a Summer of riding bikes/camping, first time in 5 years without course work.

Vern I have the first week of in April, so we can go and recce the route.

Cheers

Stuart.

Re:

I will be camping near Langsett, on the 6th, 7th of April, does anyone want to recce the route with me, just waitng to see if Vern can make it.

Whats the best route?

Re:

Details now up...

This is a fantastic route long or short, hope to see you all there :D

cheers kaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back