Nidderdale Recce Aftermath

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I thought this recce was well worthy of an Aftermath thread.

We set off from the Middle Moor car park in, cold but Sunny weather, nice clear day, 5 riders in attendance.

slmracing, Luke Young, Kentobeli, Kaya and Matthews, it was a steady climb to start with, on what could be described as challenging conditions, (snow and ice)

After the climb we took in the breath taking views, before the run down to the reservoir :facepalm:

This was not to be easy

Now look, we needed a sledge

Well we all made it to the bottom in one piece

So we pushed on with the Recce, a few miles on Kaya's pedal decided to part company with the spindle,

In true retro bike spirit between us, we managed to bodge the pedal back together and continue with our ride

Vern just loves a good old Bothy

Fantastic views

Say cheese Ken

The last downhill section would be awesome in the dry

This is what I looked like after blasting down the last section

Some more stunning scenery

Well plenty more of this to come next year, and regular write ups from me to get you all motivated and out riding bikes.

We will be riding this route again next year, as part of one our monthly rides, obviously the weather will dictate when.

Thanks for looking

Stuart (slmracing)

Re:

this is a top day out on the moors;
and dont forget ,you can drop your partners off in Harrogate to go shopping;its nearby
one of the best rides i have done,near to me,and would do it again in the snow ;)
there are a few places to eat in summer so see you all next time.

Re:

This was a cracking ride with stunning views and nice weather as well, can't wait to do it again.
The sheet ice trails will make fun downhill's in better conditions, here's some pics to whet your appetite...

Snow way Fatboy

It's grim up North

You'll Love this descent

Start Walking...

Hidden Gems

Looking Back

Slip sliding away

Posh Shed

Ice road cyclist's

Last Descent

Here's a link to my album... http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/kaya_ ... %2012%2014

Thanks for looking

kaya

Re:

Looks great.
RE: photo of Vern's pedal.. I still don't know how you rides in the dry with that rear tyre, let alone the snow & ice...

Attachments

• verns tyre.jpg
    verns tyre.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 1,640
Back