Last of the summer wine Holmfirth AFTERMATH

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I would like to thank everyone who attended the ride today, what a cracking ride, this was my first time leading a ride officially as Deputy AEC. I made a couple of mistakes, the biggest was not charging my phone, I will be purchasing some good quality maps in future. Anyway we all got round and finished the ride in one piece. It was good to see the regular riders, and some new faces, you did well to keep up with us idiots.

Its a Shame Elpeddro was late, well 4 hours late, but you caught us up for the important bit, the pub stop.

I came very close to a big off today, on the downhill section to the bridge (ask James) almost went straight on down the valley, I was to blame, carrying far too much speed, the old couple walking, looked stunned as I locked the bike up to avoid hitting them, need to remember it is not a race.

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures to post, as I did not charge my phone.

once again thank you for attending, looking forward to planning many more rides, please get your pictures posted up.

Cheers

Re:

Thanks Stuart this is one of my favourite rides of the year now!

I know James and Phil both loved the ride, it was Phils first proper big ride so thanks to everyone for making him welcome.

Re:

got home now had a drive round huddersfield on the way back :facepalm:
ride was great bit breezy but testing ;;pub grub gets a thumbs up
you will only need leeds and west yorks maps .ihave lots of the north yorks ones
to bring to the rides.
but great to see holmfirth sids caffe et al and everyone had a top day out,
see you all prob at binbrook.

Spot on day, cheers guys. Awesome uphills and even better decents! Hope the shaking stops soon stuart!

Trebz":3h0cxx05 said:
I missed yet another good one, I'll be back soon gents. Keep up the good work Stu.

No worries Richard, I will have my new touring bike soon, we can go sleep in a forest together, can't we sweet cheeks :facepalm:

Re:

Cracking day , great ride and good too see you all again ,
See you all at the next one , cheers guys

Re:

Thanks all for a cracking day, stunning scenery, and like minded folks.

That wind was a bugger mind! look forward to seeing the pics

Martin
'94 cannondale

Back