Rides and Event Suggestions for 2015 Discusion

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Its that time of year again gents.... So could we have you Ideas and suggestions for the coming year,

There'll be the regular monthly rides and maybe some harder classic routes with a overnight bothy over the summer months,

Also our National Summer weekender.....

We have some of the best riding in the country on our doorstep so lets hear your Ideas and suggestions..........

Re:

Stu's Holmfirth ride is a must imo.

Hole of Horcum is a great ride.

Any chance of the Goathland ride from 2013 again?

Re:

rosedale for me would like to go back there;;
and i am doing a bit round swaledale at mo
be nice to get to horcum next year too.

Re:

Are we doing Ravenscar in January, just think of the fish and chips in Robin Hoods Bay.

I will be out with the modern boys, as much as I can to gain more knowledge around Halifax, Huddersfield, and the Yorkshire Dales.

The kildale cake run is always good around April.

Anyone else got a route you would like to share with us?

Cheers

Re: Re:

chrisv40":36skf38e said:
I'd like to do reeth again, were the first national was.

I know a few routes round the Reeth area and ken's been up there riding a few times as well,
so could be good area to explore.

I,ve also an idea for a trio of mini adventures, these will be along the same lines as Unclejacks Snowdon Adventure, these will be separate from the monthly area rides.
Here's a link to the aftermath.... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=293447&p=2204271#p2204271

If you have a local loop or area you ride and you think it would make a good retro ride then shout up lets here your suggestions....

Re:

I'd love to ride Northumberland Keilder,
my favourite would be one from Ingram because honestly a quite national park centre with absolutely nothing anywhere near it and I mean nothing, not even a lot of road. But the view and drive down to the end was great and there are loads of places to potter along on a bike looking at the maps.

and Northern North Yorkshire Moors,

Just getting there for anyone is damn hard.

Re:

Vern, are any of the mini adventures the Coast to Coast?

Not guaranteed to get time off work but something I've always wanted to do.

Re: Re:

chrisv40":166l0pvm said:
I'd like to do reeth again, were the first national was.
can do that any time
we can get a crew together;; i know of one other route up there..
and have another to see when we get some better weather,
kielder would be nice but a trek and can we get the numbers there daves waskerly way looked good to me.
has anyone thought about skipton again/?

Re:

been up around the old railway route at rosedale, seen a few other tracks leading off places,
been a great day to say its November,and will try to see if we can get some rides up around
cropton and rosedale plenty to see :D didn't see the pub for some grub maybe next time :facepalm:

Back