Ogden Water Country park Halifax Recce

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Cracking ride today with a Local MTB club West Yorkshire Rough Riders, 2 of the riders were 70 years old, Mike and Brian, tell you what they did not hang around. This route will need some tweaking to be retro friendly, the lads were concerned about me riding a hard tail, they were worried about me not having a dropper seat post :shock: it did make me laugh when I passed one of them downhill, on his full suss Santa cruize 29er (he was a complete bell end) but the rest of the lads were sound. I will be riding with this lot again on Wednesday night in Huddersfield. In my new roll as Deputy AEC, I will be preparing lots of rides for us over the next few months. I have more time on my hands; now the missus has a new job working normal hours. Looking forward to 2015, we need to direct people to the forum as much as possible, keep it all in one place (standardization) I know FB is easy but we are watering down the rides.

http://www.strava.com/activities/177769209

http://www.ogdenwater.org.uk/

Cheers

Stuart, slmracing

Re:

Thumbs up!!

Halifax is little known. As we have always said, if there is a parting in the grass, it's a ride, and we will find it.

cheers!

Re: Re:

marc two tone":2t1eeg32 said:
Thumbs up!!

Halifax is little known. As we have always said, if there is a parting in the grass, it's a ride, and we will find it.

cheers!

Cheers Marc, it is stunning around Halifax, loads more to come, I said I would start to explore, the game changer for me is Cath getting her new job, more money and she is not working evenings and weekends, I will keep it going, need your email address Marc, I have created a shared folder for us on drop box to store all the gps data, pictures of rides etc.

Ken we did 2800 ft of climbing today.

Re:

PMSL about the Santa Cruz guy , know what you mean as I've been out with a couple of them on the odd occasion round Leeds , nuff said.
If you do get a shared dropbox up let me know and I can drop some gpx files into it too.
Matthew

Cracking work Stuart. Please nudge me via text, email or PM when you organise rides, even if it's on a Wednesday. I work in Wakefield as you know so I may be able to make a mid week pootle. I'd also like to take part in anything else you have going on that way as the countryside is beautiful.

Keep it up matey.

Trebz":16mpq64k said:
Cracking work Stuart. Please nudge me via text, email or PM when you organise rides, even if it's on a Wednesday. I work in Wakefield as you know so I may be able to make a mid week pootle. I'd also like to take part in anything else you have going on that way as the countryside is beautiful.

Keep it up matey.

Cheers Richard, I will try my best

best thing is having my weekends back, to get out and ride

Re:

That looks a cracking area Stu, looking forward to 2015 as I'm planning more rides in the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds.

Its been a very hard year getting any help in my area (not a dig at you Trebz as know you are busy too)and I've now given up on the rest of 2014 as our new baby is due in 3 weeks.
I'm hoping my lot will support your rides for the remainder of the year and Ben is unofficially sorting our Bygone Bikes Jumble ride and Novembers Binbrook Rememberance ride which I hope you can drag a few over for.

Share a link on our East Yorkshire Retrobike Facebook page too Stuart as a lot of our members including 3 new ones last night find the actual forum very difficult to navigate on mobile phones which seems to be there main source of internet browsing.

Back