Temple newsam featuring bygone bykes 3/5/2014 --AFTERMATH.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Temple newsam featuring bygone bykes.

A thousand thanks to the riders attending the ride today, now in it's third year!

Some new faces too with wontchuckanut and his dad, who is fitter than most of us, also rocking up.

The line up...

marc two tone
spudly
kaya
ringo
kenaltobeli
slmracing
daveyla
wontchuckanut
David,wontchuckanut's dad.

It is a lift on the spirits to see older bikes getting put through their paces with no fear of failure or a splatter or two of mud.

Bygone bykes

This event is organised and run by vintage cycle enthusiasts and is well worth a visit if anyone is near enough to call in.
Today we paid homage to the old steel there and also enjoyed a cup of tea! That was the warm up part of today's event as those of us visiting the cycle show made our way back to the start point to pick up any waifs and strays :)
The schedule was running a tad behind anyway as spudly's sat-nav tried to deliver him in no man's land but, ironically only two miles from the start point, as the crow flies.

I don't recall any real mechanical fails but their was a few punctures, good old thorns. The weather was just awesome! We needed a clear day to benefit from the summit in the country park and, we got it!

I will sleep well tonight with some sore legs now after other rides in the week. Thanks to all for making the effort as the journey can be a couple of hours from almost anywhere in yorkshire. Cheers for the lift up stu, mavis is running well. :)

I have some other pics to throw on, will sort them now. post your pics and banter here. cheers!

Re:

one of my fave rides of the year;
and todays was up there with the rest a smashing route round a great place'
nice single track and the odd hill;great day out and we got the sun
chuck wagon was spot on too'
cheers to all making it; a top day in Yorkshire
and thanks for taking us round :D

Re:

nice to meet you all, "happy retro riding and may the weather be always in our favour"

Attachments

• photo 2 (5).JPG
    photo 2 (5).JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,335
Re:

More pics.

Hot persuit.

Hole in one......s' tyre.

tramming through the bluebell woods.

Greenery and fresh air, that's what its all about.

It's hard to believe the M1 is below this bridge, happy trails.

The looming shape of the mansion is never too far away. Good climb.

Ringo and ken having a natter.

Newsam green is a great place to cycle now, used to be landfill. :eek:

Part man, part machine, all yorkshire cyclist!

Down on the canal.

You can see temple newsam house, just on wontchuckanut's heed. :)

Leeds skyline in the distance, ok zaskar too..

One of the few 360 degree of leeds and wakefield district from here.

This kili was flying today..

If i saw one of these on ebay, with BIN.....yes. ;)

Spudly, pushing in as per, poor lady had to put up with him!

Some quality double track on the return leg.

Which way? (they all lead to the same place) ;)

cheers.

Re:

Shit day out you are all Gay, I hate retro bikers :shock:

Seriously, top day out, great company as usual, the weather was mint.

Cheers :D

Thanks again Mark for organising what was a brilliant ride and thanks to the lads for a great day

Re:

Big thanks to Marc for organising the ride, as always a great day out,

Here's so pics and a link to my album

Checkout the nipples

Chain stretch

Bluebell woods

Repack pace style

British Steel

Does my bum look big in this

Vineyard... in Leeds

Yes it true.... Dam fine white as well

Some chap on a bike

Happy trails

The final line up

Here's a Link to the rest of my pics:- http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/kaya_ ... 3%205%2014

cheers kaya

As ever Marc, brilliant ride, with brilliant weather and brilliant company.. It's great to see how this ride has evolved over three years. Some innovative changes!

Highlights included Spuds near death experience, the view from the top of the hill and the burger van..

Anyway here's my pics..

Any old Iron:

Lumpy tyre being sorted - Vern carries more tools than the average Snap-on Van!

Mein Host and SLM Racing having a natter..

Cracking weather..

My steed for the day.

Nice rest at the top of the hill - and full 360 degree view of Leeds and surround.

Back at the Big House!

My attempt at art for my tablets wallpaper...

Brilliant ride, with some awesome scenery thrown in too, few sneaky climbs like the one up the drive and the last one back up to the road that leads back into the house grounds, managed not to walk any of it, although i was tempted lol. :oops:

Really great weather which couldnt have been better i dont think, nice and sunny but not too hot that youre scorched and cant ride, some new faces as well as the usual suspects, oh and im in bother with the rents and its all Ringo's fault, lured me home to see his 'zaskar' and i ended up buying another bike, how the hell did that happen then? :LOL:

Re:

Sorry I missed out AGAIN, looks like a top day out. I only had limited time to ride so went off with giant-one to shake down his new bike.

Back