Kayas Kildale Cake Run Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Thanks to all who made today's trip to the cake shop a great day out, Good company,
good weather and old bikes ridden as they were intended to be...
This is my back yard and to me its a ride for the times you can't spend all day out on the bike,
But showing people round my local trails and seeing their pics always reminds me how lucky I am
to have such fantastic trails and vistas so close to home...

Hope you all enjoyed the ride and the pain and suffering of the uphill's are a distant memory....
Here's some pics to tell the story of the cake run...

Starting out from PVC

Heading for Hutton

First climb

A quick breather

Heart brake hill

Seat with a view

Percy view point

Downhill at last

Crossing the line

Begging for crumbs

MMMMMMMM Cake

Bikers rest

Just uphill a bit from the cake shop

Captain Cooks Monument

Sideways Stu

Muddy... Fox

Big Chief TwoTone

Ready to Descend

Going Down

Spudly Likes

Les's 3

Here's a link to the rest of my pics.... http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... 5%204%2014

Thanks to all who made the trip to the cake shop :cool:
See you on the next one

Ps sorry for not bringing any cake...

Re:

thanks for taking us round;
been a great day out not too hot'great trails and good company
see everyone at the next one'
and if you ever go to the café again chocky cake is recommended. :cool:

Re:

Awesome ride today, cheers!

This whole area offers no end of trails that wind their way round a good mixture of moorland tracks and various forest tracks. It adds up to a good days riding of old bikes, with the odd modern machine thrown in.

Nice to all you guys, not too long next time please!

I'm aching now so now kicking back with a pizza.

check out the views around here!!!

I did like the two foxes out today, clean honest steel.

paulie and Ste. ste is back on form, but still in intense pain(in case the insurance are looking) ;)

pace maker davey

Terminator ken, just try and stop him.

Up with the stars...good view of the 'boro coast.

If you ever see this man, don't encourage him, he'll do it more! ;)

Yes, always a git with a camera to capture those 'oops a daisy' moments. :)

Re:

Thanks to Vern and Marc for making it happen.

Thanks to Spud for coming back to get me after that first hill - I was 99% ready to turn around and go back to the van.

Thanks to everyone else for making the whole friendly experience worthwhile, meeting more new faces and remembering old ones.

Can't wait to get fitter again, ( can't get anymore unfit than I am now ) and lose the 4 stones I've put on in this last 12 months.

Andy.

Re:

Great ride today, thanks to everyone who made the effort, I felt like a racing snake today, due to being over a stone lighter, the paleo diet does the job, still had two crashes and a pinch flat at high speed :oops:

Looking forward to the next one

Cheers

Re:

Looks like I missed out on a good ride! Some great scenery around those parts, is that Roseberry Topping in one of those pics?

Re: Re:

mistermonkeywrench":3gqfd72g said:
Thanks to Vern and Marc for making it happen.

Thanks to Spud for coming back to get me after that first hill - I was 99% ready to turn around and go back to the van.

Thanks to everyone else for making the whole friendly experience worthwhile, meeting more new faces and remembering old ones.

Can't wait to get fitter again, ( can't get anymore unfit than I am now ) and lose the 4 stones I've put on in this last 12 months.

Andy.

Youre more than welcome matey, like i said we all need encouragement at times, and just one person stopping to wait, or nipping back can make the difference between wanting to give up and wanting to push on!

It takes time to get fitness and stamina back, but with the right encouragement you will get there though, glad i made the difference for you today :D

And yes that is Roseberry Topping in the pics, ill get mine up in the morning, ive kinda veg'd out and done nothing after getting home, had zero alcohol tonight too, which is the start of my weight loss and fitness being regained too :cool:

Right, finally got my pics sorted (my camera hid half of them and left me scratching my head a little lol) and it now seems i took 92 pics, ill not upload them all but ill go through and bung up my faves and link my PB album in case you wish to peruse the others..

Top of the first hill and i thought the gate would thwart those following..

Alas, it did not...

The first riders got to the top so quickly, due to holding on to the 4x4 when the driver wasnt looking..

Andy on his lovely Marin Team Titanium..

Marc with a reasonable go at a wheelie, keep trying mate...

Our fearless leader, taking a pic, of me, taking a pic, of him, taking a..........

Realised here id be better off riding and not closing gates/taking pics, oops..

He kept trying to wheelie, but his short power wheelies were too fast for my camera..

Scenery, of which there was an abundance....

Not too sure what Vern and Andy were getting up to in the bushes here, but they didnt seem too pleased at me catching them lol..

Someone was having a mechanical aaaalll the way back up the top (if you squint, you still wont see them)..

So i tested out the zoom on my camera.....

You might just be able to see them now..

Those little dots lol...

My steed for the day..

Ken, on some modern thing with an apt name on it...

Lol!!

Cake time!!

Marc's freshly resto'd Alpinestars, very nice..

Andy's Team Ti, thrown in a bush as usual...

We (me) were attacked by the local wildlife for cake, some of us (me) were almost kamikazi suicide bomber by the mad little buggers...

Then it was time for more riding, up more massive hills..

Then we got chased up the hills by rabid walkers....

Some epic views from the very top near the Captain Cooks Monument..

Link to the album is here..

http://s916.photobucket.com/user/spudly ... t=2&page=1

Re:

Had a great day, really enjoyed this ride including the hills, had a good laugh meeting some new people, and managed to take in some of those views.

Shame it wasnt a clear day, but weather held out for us and made it well worth the early start and drive.

Thanks again

Bazza

Latest posts

Back