Ravenscar Railway Ride Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

Thanks to all for making this another memorable retro ride out, great bikes, great company and good fish and chips
what more could you ask for.. good weather we got that as well...

Here's the pics to tell the story..

Three amigos

Athletes warm up

Fool on a hill ?

Day dreamer

Fish shop blues

Jungle mashup Kona style

Spring sunshine

Morris dancers

Garden sheds

Who you lookin at ?

Here's a link to the rest of the pics..... http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... 5%203%2014

See you on the next one

been a great ride out thanks to all
from the north Yorkshire kona owners club for turning out :D
fish and chips were spot on;nearly had a seagull kick off cos he never got his chips :facepalm:
but weather stayed ok and the ride seemed to pass quick
see you all at the next one.

Aye well done to all who came, no punctures, no mechanicals (unless you count both Vern's and Ken's knee's creaking, which im sure is actually the pedals lol) and the weather held good and turned sunny for the return leg!

Ive just got in and unloaded, now its time for a bucket load of fosters gold and point break on dvd, ill bung my pics up in the morning boys!

Fantastic ride today chaps. cheers kaya!

The best version of that route i have attended, by far.

I'm not sure you would want it much warmer for the climb back up from robin hood's bay, with fish and chips swishing around in the stomach.
Good temperatures and no snow, the surface has been put right as last year saw certain sections in a sorry state.

Matthews picked me up this morning and the A64 was a smooth run up(cheers for the lift)! I'm aching a little now and more than happy to jump in a warm shower. As spudly said, no punctures or major mechanicals, great!

Some new faces for me today, glad you could make it and please come again.

Running start.

My machine for the day, a good servant indeed.

Random pics.

Ken having fun.

Matthews having fun.

Ben, going wild.

Kaya, "this aint steep enough". :LOL:

Fish n chips on the beach. that's living alright.

Luke and spudly behind, he just can't help himself.

One man and his chips.

Bike saved from the wrath of the sea.

Gulls will eat most things, including styrene boxes :)

Sure i have more pics, will get more up asap.

cheers.

Great ride today thank you guys. , good too see you all , nice ride out glad It stayed warm and dry , bike rode nice and I didn't struggle too much apart from the robin hoods bay climb only made it 3/4 of the way up , got some good pics il post them later , thanks again all , look forward to the next one .

Looks like a great ride and I'm sorry I couldn't be there. It wasn't all bad news, I was in London for the day and managed to bring myself a Pace 42:16 back.

Really hope to do the cake run, is there a date set for that yet?

Thanks to Kaya and Marc for all the official stuff in making this happen.

It was good to finally get out again after over a year of no biking whatsoever. Fitness was nonexistent but I will work on that now I've got a bike fettled and rideable again.

Great to meet everyone after only previously knowing Vern and Ben - will try and remember names for next time.

I knew after getting back in the saddle at Robin Hood's Bay that I would be feeling like Bishop Brennan for a good few days to come and really wasn't looking forward to the return journey. After about 10 mins of wincing and trying to hover above it which only made my leg muscles burn and feel like they were about to cramp up, I just gave in and resolved myself to silently screaming until the last, and luckily long, downhill section back to Cloughton.

Looking forward to the cake run as I've never been on that ride yet, even though its a lot closer to me than I realised. Hopefully will be able to keep up with the pack a bit better. Will also try to get the ControlTech built up again too for a change, and for a little less of the Bishop Brennan feeling.

Thanks everyone!
Andy

Attachments

• Bishop Brennan.jpeg
    Bishop Brennan.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,196
Right, finally pulled my finger out and got my pics uploaded lol

Bike of the ride in my opinion...

A few peeps to prove there were riders, as well as bikes..

The descent out of Ravenscar..

Scenery..

Robin Hoods Bay for the best fish shop fish ive ever had..

Sun, sea and err people..

Peeps...

Ken trying to prove to a seagull that there were no chips left in his tray, so it tried to eat the tray instead..

Top of the gruelling climb back out from RHB..

I wouldve taken more pics, but despite my camera indicating the batteries were still full, it was actually lying to me and it shut down after that last piccie!

Great pics, gutted I cancelled the day before, me and si have been in the wars and it would of just been too rough on us.

Latest posts

Back