Leeds canal to kirkstall abbey- AFTERMATH.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Leeds canal to kirkstall abbey- AFTERMATH.

Thanks to all the riders for coming along to Leeds to sample the correct way from A to B.
Twenty miles covered along the canal and we saw some relics from the industrial era and other interesting landmarks such as the abbey in kirstall.
Thanks to matthews for blazing the trails, a big help. Not much modern tat either, mainly shonky retro tat! :cool:
Conditions were most favourable today with a breeze at the stern end on the out-bound leg that seemed to drop for the return-leg! good luck.

Kaya
marc two tone
daveyla
kenaltobeli
matthews
slmracing
spudly
ringo
longun
badbaz77

Ten man crew that all returned from voyage safely. NO punctures, I can say that now i'm home :)
See you all again soon!

Trolls under the bridge!

Ringo, beast of a man, ripped the axle right out of dropouts!

random stuff.

Stick your pics up here folks! I had a good laugh today.

Great ride with great folk... thanks to Marc and Matthew for looking after us all... The slight mechanical was definitely my fault - tittivating the U brake yesterday and forgot to fully tighten the rear wheel...

Great to see new faces (nice one Baz) and convivial all round... Also a big shout out to Daveyla for the deal of the day on a pair of purple Pulstar wheels - a great buy that will set me off on a 3DV Oddysey build...

Anyway, heres the pics!

'88 Bear Valley, as pedalled by my good self, mainly because it rolls on it's original tyres and this was always going to be the least arduous ride of the year. Note handmade Tool bag... £15 posted if anyone's interested - they also do a range of zany colours... :D

I'm normally on the other side of this doing the daily commute... Spudly being "Enduro"

Ken under the troll bridge!

Long'un parading another 80's warrior...

Kayas Overburys.... nicccceeee...

Line up at Thraites Mill.

Spudly considering going "Enduro"

and his Enduro bike...

Another member of the Marin club.

Even Ken went retro!

I like this rather a lot... Deciding which shot is going to be my new wallpaper!

Staggered line up..

Daveyla putting on the style with catalogue pose... not quite as much poise as his Pace!

Spudly's seen another young attractive runner...

need a sat nav;lads got going on the m1 leeds london :facepalm:
made it back up norf ;great day out thanks everyone
and will get rid of that carbon bottle cage. :D
it looks out of place among the old stuff ;)
leeds realy is a vibrant city lots of folk keep in shape enjoyed my visit
will be back soon,

Got back fine here lol, although my back is really playing up, i think i shouldve taken my kona caldera as its less stretched out and more upright (stupid getting old/car crash injuries) but the ride was really good, plenty of good banter as always "ENDURO" lol

Whens the next one then peeps!

Oh and ill get my pics up later on!

A brilliant day, great company and some fantastic scenery ranging from heritage sites to Modern day Leeds.

A big thanks to the organisers, it's thanks to their efforts that I was able to turn up jump on my bike and have a great day out

Thanks to all who made today a great day out, its been a few years since I've used the canals for a days ride.
The weather gods were kind, when the wind dropped it felt like spring had sprung... dry trails soon :shock: maybe..

Here's my pics

Pre ride briefing

On the rails

Gruffalo and friends

Tights and a Pink Zaskar :facepalm:

British Graffiti

Spring is in the air

Urban Riders

What NO Food!!

Rules are made to be broken

80's Dude

Happy days

Here's a link to the rest of my pics :- http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... 3%202%2014

See y'll on the next one..

Kaya

Well im now sat wishing i hadnt have gone yesterday, my back was playing up on the ride yesterday, and it got so bad last night i could hardly walk, ive been off work and laid up in bed all day today and unless it heals miraculously by the morning, probably tomorrow too!

And i still havent a clue what ive done to it either!

But anyway, on with my pics...

Trolls under the bridge as the theme has been so aptly described..

Bikes and peeps at the first stop-off..

Wier's that then..

The steeds..

Vern's Overbury's..

Ringo's Marin..

Longun's MuddyFox..

Stu's Marin singlespeed..

Matthew's retromod kona..

Ken's GT..

Baz's M-Trax..

Some silly pink girly bike..

Marc's Marin..

Dave's RC200..

Vern doing his japanese tourist bit, and photobombed by Chris..

I need to improve me point and shoot technique as these are a little blury unfortunately, or is that because everyone was riding so fast..

Then i stopped for a few cheeky piccies of the zaskar..

Then it seemed i was left behind, so had to play catch up lol

And lastly, Chris being all 'enduro' lol

Back