Gisburn forest ride - AFTERMATH

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Many thanks to all who showed up on a cold and then, wet day! What a laugh though.
The red route was far techy than i anticipated and really enjoyed it although i walked a few drops. must go again some day.

There was a super collection of bikes being made to work hard, that's what it's all about. Good company and a great atmosphere.

Thanks to matthews for leading from the front, signed or not, it helps if some body looks like they know what they are doing. ;)

Pics? I tried to get some action shots in the wooded sections but the sheer moisture around just made it impossible.

More later from me, add any pics and comments here!

thanks.

Man of the match for me. Uncle buck has beaten off a serious medical condition and is clearly getting on with life, respect!

Keep it going mate, we all have those moments where we cannot carry on. Improvement in performance is almost guaranteed.

Some familiar faces..

Spudly sorting out his pony tail.... ;)

Mountain men, or is that fools on the hill.

Harry crumb attacks the sand stone, in 46 x 11.

Difficult taking pics today. murky cold day.

Big thanks to all who made it today and too Matthew for leading the ride,
It was a bit wet an windy at times today but still a fantastic retro day out :cool:
Link to the rest of my album at the bottom of the post

Men of steel

Retro train

Stormy waters

Dark skys and Dayglow bikes

Ped loves Dave

You,ve not seen me right....

Leader of the pack

Heading home

It was a ride of many highs and lows, the main high for me was meeting all of you....

The main low point... the size of Harry Crumbs slice of carrot cake :LOL:

see y'all on the next one....

Link to rest of pics:- http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... 201%202014

marc two tone":fw8i4tqd said:
Man of the match for me. Uncle buck has beaten off a serious medical condition and is clearly getting on with life, respect!

Keep it going mate, we all have those moments where we cannot carry on. Improvement in performance is almost guaranteed.

Awww, that's very kind of you marc - that sob story did the trick then! Don't worry, I've always been a old fat bastard! Seriously, boys, take care of yourselves - don't ignore things like men do....
http://youtu.be/eut6r2LTx7I
Anyone wanting more, er, intimate info, pm me. ;)

Many many thanks to the Northern lads for organising the ride today - it really was great even though I pushed up all the hills (and down some too!), and to marc, matthew, spudly and esp Vern for waiting for me at every turn and the encouragement.

The new trails were, to me, way WAY more technical and challenging than I had imagined and than last time I was there with benandemu. I swear that the Preston made up for my lack of skill; it just tracked over everything - roots, rocks, drops - without me doing much at all! How the boys on rigids did that ride is a wondrous thing to me.

My bike of the ride? Carl's garish (in a good way) Muddy Fox, the gorgeous Klein, or Harry Crumb's Orange - I'm a sucker for colour!

Had a great ride out today what a good laugh shame about me poor old FOX tho (stem lol)will spend the next wk repairing and changing the tyre colour and buying more old mountain bikes will see you guys at the next ride out cheers

Brilliant ride out really enjoyed it, was hard work though I thought (or I just need to drink less between rides)
And youre more than welcome for encouragement uncle buck (neil is it, didnt catch your name im afraid) like I say we will always wait for anyone, we never leave our people behind :)

never mind the pony tail, why is spud wearing a thong over his trousers? looks good though sorry i missed it. all cleared up here...

EDIT- when i say looks good i mean the ride NOT Spud.

Attachments

• PICT0021_zpse6f1d5ee.jpeg
    PICT0021_zpse6f1d5ee.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,435
Really sorry to miss this one. :( Had a really busy night at work so had to go for a couple of hours sleep when I got home.

Giant-One and I made it to Gisburn later on, just as the rain came in. Kept an eye out for you all but must have missed you. Saw some narrow tyre treads on the way round though. ;)

Hopefully catch up before long.

Really enjoyed yesterday great riding and great company too
First ride out on my New Orange and it fits like a glove, a few minor tweeks to the brakes and it'll be perfect, So glad I have an identical frame on the shelf for one of my next ground up builds.
One of the highlights of the day must have been the portion of Carrot cake in the cafe, if you were there you will agree.

see you all on the trails soon ;)

Some Pics from me:

First two bikes to the top

Stone buildings at the start of the climb

Carl on the Muddy Fox

Top of the biggest climb of the day

Pete on the Dave (single speed guise)

Spudly and Mark

Vern Blurs past, at break neck speed

Marc rolling in on the Marin

Neil, champion of the ride for sticking with it

Wet and cold!

My Clockwork after a good thrashing

What, an actual Klein being used, Rich demonstates they are not all garage queens

Spludly Providing a bike washing service

Carl's Muddy Fox

Back