Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:06 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:40 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: By the sea
I've just been looking at the "Provisional Outline Route Maps" for this years RAC and there doesn't seem to be any stages close to anywhere I know very well....

Anyone Help??

Here's a link to the RAC site... http://www.rogeralbertclarkrally.org/RA ... _Timetable

Or would people be interested in a Friday evening ride around Dalby and watch some cars at night.. ?

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions please chaps


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAC Rally
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:19 pm
Posts: 3132
Location: Leeds, for ages!
Although i know little of that part of yorkshire, duncolme in helmsley might be an option as matthews knows the area as mentioned in link below.

Riccal wood mentioned below....

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=259123


Duncolme looks nice and stately.


http://www.duncombepark.com/how_to_find_us.shtml

I'm not sure how it gels with the rally though as i don't fully understand the abbreviations and how the times play out. Will the cars still be ripping away by 10am?
Helmsley has refreshments, banks etc...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAC Rally
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:25 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: By the sea
marc two tone wrote:
Although i know little of that part of yorkshire, duncolme in helmsley might be an option as matthews knows the area as mentioned in link below.

Riccal wood mentioned below....

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=259123


Duncolme looks nice and stately.


http://www.duncombepark.com/how_to_find_us.shtml

I'm not sure how it gels with the rally though as i don't fully understand the abbreviations and how the times play out. Will the cars still be ripping away by 10am?
Helmsley has refreshments, banks etc...



The start times for Duncombe park are...

Saturday 9th November
SS7 Duncombe Park [1] 09:36
SS8 Duncombe Park [2] 09:57

So there should still be cars starting at 10am... but that would depend on how far away the ride start was etc etc

And then there's the ride..... will have to put my thinking cap on :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:46 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: By the sea
Sorry chaps as we seem to be short on local knowledge for this ride I'm going to cancel
it for this year.

I'll see if I can sort another ride for this month.... watch this space :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:38 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:12 pm
Posts: 1189
Location: Leeds
Vern , ave a word with Stu as he's got an extended version of New Miller Dam ride , I missed it last year due to hols but should be able to get there this time round as long as it's not the 24th Nov.
Matthew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:01 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
NE, North and West Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 pm
Posts: 659
Location: Wakefield
Matthews wrote:
Vern , ave a word with Stu as he's got an extended version of New Miller Dam ride , I missed it last year due to hols but should be able to get there this time round as long as it's not the 24th Nov.
Matthew

Done the recce this afternoon, it is good to go@ 23 miles, we just need to set a date, what do you think :D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:16 pm 
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
NE, North and West Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: By the sea
slmracing wrote:
Matthews wrote:
Vern , ave a word with Stu as he's got an extended version of New Miller Dam ride , I missed it last year due to hols but should be able to get there this time round as long as it's not the 24th Nov.
Matthew

Done the recce this afternoon, it is good to go@ 23 miles, we just need to set a date, what do you think :D :D :D


Thanks Stu

Only dates I have free this month are sun 25th or sat 30th any good with you ?

If there no good then maybe wake Marc out of this winter hibernation :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group