In search of Compo

Ped shows how its done

Thats got to hurt...

Hold on and hope

Whats that man doing mummy??

Looking back

Refreshment stop

Its all downhill from here...

It fell off the back of a van officer.....

Heres a link to the rest of my pics.... http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... 208%202013

Absolutely loved this ride, I've never ridden in this area before and it was stunning, great trails and fantastic scenery!

Thanks to everyone involved for leading, recceing and generally getting us all round in one piece.

No pics from me I'm afraid but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's :D

A must for next years calender Vern ;)

Ive had a quick look at my pics, and they havent come out as well as id like, i shall upload them tomorrow though anyways!

Awesome ride, with a lot of climbing, which in fairness wasnt as hard as i thought it would be, kind of enjoyed it in an odd way lol.

Scenery was breathtaking, and the route was brilliant, thankyou to all involved in putting this ride together, i really enjoyed it, ace way to spend my birthday aswell, now im partaking in drink related shenanigains :)

Great route and some fantastic trails. Really enjoyed it. Good turnout too.

I didn't have my camera with me so I shall eagerly await seeing some.

Hope you all had a good day out today I really enjoyed it, more from me when I have recovered
here's some pics,

Totally awesome off-road cycling!

The route wasn't without a climb or two but, very rewarding to catch the views that just seemed to swamp you. Almost pointless getting the camera out sometimes. I'm aching nicely now :) although some of the descents were long and sweet.

Many thanks to vern, lee, elped and anybody else involved in getting the route sorted. I found it similar to the mass trespass route in the peak district, all enjoyable, up or down.

Although a tad sore, i want to go back, tomorrow! It was a grand gesture for mr Lee to act secretary for the rescue effort that did their level best during the incident that saw Gordon moss taken from his family and friends during outdoor pursuit that aren't too dis-similar to our own. A worthy cause and well spent donation. :cool:

Bike of the ride fell to ringo's ritchey. A clean example of a quality retro bike and look comfy to ride! well done.

Some pics from me. many came out too dull with the heavy clouds. This is the best of 'em.

BOTR

Check out the news rims! Available in oak, maple and beech. Not suitable for indoor or outdoor use. :LOL:

Elpedro with his dyna-tech.

Harrycrumb (martin) MIDDLE RING'D this climb! He has a billet titanium nuclear powered two-stroke motor where, we have a heart though ;)

This is the general direction in which i prefer to travel....

Now to get my head down and look back a great day in holmfirth. thanks to all that attended.

marc.

Great days riding, good to see everyone, I'll def' be visiting this area again.

Thanks to everyone who helped to put the route together
Some pics to follow tomorrow

Well worth the 200 mile round trip, thanks to everybody who attended for making it a great day, the ups were well worth the effort for the superb downhills that followed....

Back