Easter weekend

Matthews

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm caravanning near Helmsley and taking the bike over easter so if anyone fancies an impromptu ride in the NYM then let me know .
Matthew

i'm busy til weekend 13th april, so i'm out of action for a bit.

rosedale railway on your doorstep there, railway section is cush, pub grub at lion too, blakey ridge.

just got back now ;found a great route an old railway line from hart to seaham and on to sunderland
done 36 miles today nearly a record for me :D went looking for a fishshop none about up there.
that I could find.

Glad you got some miles in ken. I do remember a good chippy in sunderland centre-ish. just over that green iron bridge, queen elizabeth bridge, iirc) about half a mile down that road there was a chippy on the corner, on the left as though you are leaving the centre. going back 8 years or so though :) Not sure how close to the trail you would be from there though, or if it opens at lunch time.

did it do kebabs :D off to seaham tomoz if the legs will work
nice café there.
right on sea front if it gets warmer may be able to put that Italian top on :cool:

Well I had a cracking weekend , got out Fri aft , Sat , Sun and even Mon on the bike , I've decided I like the Genesis frame so will be keeping it , the weather was wonderful but cold , not too much mud (Boltby Woods was the only really claggy bit ) the rest was either bone dry or covered in snow, did around 60+ miles , the Panini's at the little shop in Hawnby are still spot on (Steak, stilton and red onion), walking from the bottom of the valley up to top of Newgate Bank was a bit of a slog but all in allmade for a good ride.
Thanks to Vern for the offer of joining him but the logistics of getting there (wife n dogs had to be considered) and I'll be honest and say what he had planned would have been a bit much for me and I'd have probably just slowed them down. I'll try and resize my phone pics later and stick them up but for the mo they're on my farcebook page.
Matthew

Back