Temple Newsam- revisited ~ AFTERMATH.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Many thanks to all that attended today. A good turnout for a muddy ride, this winter keeps going and going :shock: .

I hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as i did! A big pleasure to ride with you all.

Credit to chris for 'spirit of the ride'. bagged himself a cadbury's creme egg and sore legs for tomorrow :cool: elped also for getting round on a single-speed setup. It didn't rain :)

Now i've sat down i'm getting all lazy, warm bath coming soon :)

more pics to bang in later, a couple for now. thanks again and place your pics and comments here, cheers. :cool:

PICT0156_zps2b49d19c.jpg

PICT0144_zps4862eed3.jpg

PICT0155_zpsab873a21.jpg

Any modern bike riders are welcome as long as you ride wearing a shell suit or global hyper colour t-shirt to keep with the retro scene :LOL:

Glad i found that nature reserve, gave us a break from the mud and a close look at that tonka toy on epic proportions :)

PICT0153_zps339ae83c.jpg

PICT0152_zps858a48d4.jpg

PICT0150_zps3c6ce344.jpg

PICT0147_zps2af1ebca.jpg

PICT0146_zps295a6418.jpg

PICT0145_zps660b13ee.jpg

PICT0138_zps70f40911.jpg

PICT0136_zpse10f1a66.jpg

PICT0133_zps0c2ca4b1.jpg

PICT0130_zps30044031.jpg

PICT0123_zps04c6d572.jpg

PICT0119_zps0b38b7a9.jpg

Hope the squishey trails didn't put anybody off. i've done most of that ride and choked on dust before :shock: we just lucked out ;)

see you all again soon.

Cheers Marc , cracking day out , will do a bit more testing on the steel thing over easter before I decide which direction to go (it's my main ride), Nick enjoyed himself and may well be signing up on here , I'll found out how stiff he is next week .
Matthew

Thanks everybody for making it a good day and thanks for Marc for organising it and cleverley chosing a different route to last year but to the same place. The fishcakes were just like I remembered them, my brain did not deceive me.

Not many photo's, I miss my proper digicam and am not thrilled by it's replacement.

Attachments

• I don't know what Andy's doing.JPG
    I don't know what Andy's doing.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,077
  • Temple Newsem ride.JPG
    Temple Newsem ride.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,077
  • Big Bugger machine .JPG
    Big Bugger machine .JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 2,077
  • Now that's how you train fruit trees.JPG
    Now that's how you train fruit trees.JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 2,077
A big thanks from me too, yes I did have a great time and no, Matthew will not be seeing how 'stiff' I am.
I would like to say how welcome I was made to feel, all the chaps were extremely friendly and willing to check up on me as a new rider. Sorry I was on a 'modern', I have trouble with my back and my retro has an extremely long top tube which aggravates it. I am considering building something in the future which is more age specific!
Thanks to Marc for setting and managing route.

Cheers Nick

I have no idea what I was doing either Rich! Pretty normal for me though... having no idea :LOL:

Loved the route this year even with the slopfest in places

Does anyone have a gps log for the route?

Huge thanks to Mr Two Tone for organising todays fun

Brilliant day out cheers for the route Marc I really enjoyed it, even the mud, the weather seemed to perk up which is always a bonus, another memorable temple ride and I don't think anyone hit the ground either, again thanks for a top day out chaps,
Lee.
sadly no pics either,

been a great day out;realy enjoyed being back in leeds
the tracks rode ok and we had fun nearly loseing the bike in one part of swamp :D
seen a bit more of temple newsom too roll on summer :D see everyone soon cheers

Cracking day out, thank you Marc for leading the way, my Dad recognized our location straight away from the pics of the national coal board machine, well I managed not to crash but the Bottom bracket on the DB is shot, hence the loud cracking sound :oops: good to see old and new faces, I love the spirit of retro bike rides, looking forward to the Lake District National ride now :D :D

Back