Not open for further replies.

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

North East, North & West Yorkshire Area Proudly Presents

Ravenscar Railway ride

Picture182.jpg

Welcome to the first North East, North & West Yorkshire Area gathering of the year, were off to Robin Hoods Bay for fish & chips.
The route from Cloughton is along part of the old East Coast railway so an easy ride to Robin Hoods Bay.
Some parts of this ride are very exposed, so please bring appropriate clothing.
Also some money for a fish & chips lunch and a camera to capture the beautiful Yorkshire coastline

Picture166.jpg

Start: Newlands Rd, Cloughton, north of Scarborough

Time: 10:00 For a 10:30 Start

Distance: 15/20 miles Weather dependent

Terrain: Doubletrack/Singletrack 95% off road

Difficulty Rating: 2/5

This ride takes in some interesting local history including the holiday resort that was never finished, then the destination Robin Hoods Bay full of ship wrecks & smugglers. Here's a link to some of the Bays history http://www.holidaycottagerobinhoodsbay. ... hoods-bay/

Here's a link to last years aftermath:- viewtopic.php?p=1375424#1375424

Park at the roadside on Newlands Rd, Cloughton, just off the A171 Whitby to Scarborough Rd

No Helmet No Ride

dicoverybmw":15gt661k said:
I should be ok for this one.

It will be nice to see you daz. perfect for a rigid bike. maybe red, from around 1992...DX comes to mind with a peculiar frame design ;)

hint, hint.

it is a close call, as I am only back in the country from the USA on thursday, but i'll see if I can get a bike fettled and myself on a train north...any one able to possibly give me a lift from north of Leeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back