Dalby Christmas Pudding Run Aftermath.

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Post your Pics and comments here Please.

Thanks for a great day out and a BIG Thanks to all who turned out for the ride :cool:

Here's some of my pics and a link to the rest of the album:- http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... 12%202012/

Rudolph the...
Picture023.jpg

Marc shows his Race Face
Picture018.jpg

Feeling the flow..
Picture021.jpg

Posing for the camera..
Picture010.jpg

Big thanks to Gil for showing us round his local trails, as always a great days riding.

Hope to see you all on the next ride in January (Ravenscar Railway Ride)

Thanks for looking
kaya

Damn... I didn't take a single picture !!

Too busy trying to get to the next downhill section hehe.

Great ride chaps, would have gladly dragged myself back to the top of some of the technical downhill sections for another bash.

Hat's off to the organisers !

:)

A great ride round the great forest, thanks gil_m for showing us the route and, freebie beanie hat. i must say there are some super descents in the great forest. the soggy floor didn't slow us down either, plenty of puddles(cold ones) to splash through. not many places in the uk right now are enjoying dry trails!

I enjoyed myself, lost my rear braking, right thumbshifter and learnt how to ignore cold feet ;)

respec' to kaya for laying the ride on and a real pleasure to ride with you guys today. some nice push-irons too. kona, rocky mountain, GT, marin, pro~flex, orange, mongoose, gary fisher. please let me know if i've missed any old tat.
;)

gosh! i'm tired now and regret nothing. it was about time i got some time in the saddle. cheers to stu for the lift up and jimo746 for the company on the journey up.

see you all again folks. :cool:

camera was not on form i'm afriad, damp, and failing batteries let me down, here's some just about viewable.

festive fun!

PICT0004-5.jpg

50 yards up first climb and all riders needed to adjust something :? absolutely nothing to do with being in severe pain gasping for breath ;)

PICT0003-2.jpg

gil with some running adjustments.

PICT0007-4.jpg

this drop was fun!

PICT0012-5.jpg

kaya rippin' up the berms :)

PICT0006-3.jpg

thats the lot. thanks.

Thanks for a great day everyone, that was so much fun, gone through a set of front and rear pads due to the Dalby grit :oops: but that is my own fault for riding modern, the car sharing worked well, Cheers Marc and Jimo, thanks to Gil m and Vern for leading the way, we need more days like this in 2013 and I promise to ride retro :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Big thanks to Gil & Vern for a cracking day out, despite feeling decidedly unwell for the whole ride I think that was the best route Gil has taken me on through Dalby.

Certainly no snow around here, vast lakes of water as every stream and river has burst it's banks. But no chance of snow, far to warm.

Great day out and I don't remember many people actually taking pictures, to busy chatting and riding.

slmracing":25uwffx6 said:
Thanks for a great day everyone, that was so much fun, gone through a set of front and rear pads due to the Dalby grit :oops: but that is my own fault for riding modern, the car sharing worked well, Cheers Marc and Jimo, thanks to Gil m and Vern for leading the way, we need more days like this in 2013 and I promise to ride retro :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jeez!

I just washed my bike off, my brand new brake pads are nearly worn out hehehehe.

Got knows what damage I did to my rims heheheh

Cheers guys for another great day out , got home safely and just put the bike away (bike wash was a really good idea), had a quick look at it this aft and all looks good.
Might need some new pads though as 2 wet muddy runs on old second hand pads that came with the brakes has taken there toll !.
Matthew

Back