Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:30 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Matthews wrote:
Marc you got me thinking I wouldn't be the only one on not mud tyres , now you're going to turn up on the activator with big knarly Maxxis thingies or something similar :shock:

:D the rigida rims will be shod in whatever not-too-worn-non-matching tyres i can lay my hands on. certainly not 'condition specific' items :wink:

like some folk with square batteries or postage stamps, i have a reluctance to buy new tyres... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 pm 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider

Regarding tyres, ive just fitted my panaracer fire mud pro's on the lava dome which are 1.8's so i reckon ill be sliding a touch (just annoying that theyre red and clash with the blue of the frame :cry:

I wont be bailing out part way unless it gets too bad and others leave aswell lol, i just dont want to be the one holding everyone up on the climbs and such is all :shock:

Speaking of tyres, does anyone have any experience with the charge splashbacks as advertised at the bottom of the forum, i want some winter tyres for the dome and id like amber walls if possible, they look good but i dont want something that looks sexy while it fails at the trailside, i want the only falible part on my bike to be me haha, and where the hell is the actual link to buy them aswell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:16 pm 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC

Andy B will be riding on Sunday John and he loves Splashbacks so have a chat with him about them :wink:
You will have plenty of company walking up some of the hills so don't worry about that. I'll probably be one of them judging by the sore throat I'm rapidly developing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 pm 

Cool might have to have a natter, how do you order the damn things though as i cant find a link on that site down there VVVVVVV

Well if youre developing the lurgy ill want to stay away from you then, ive had my fair share of ickyness this year and usually i never get ill lol, to try and rid yourself of it, try a few bottles of jack or southern comfort this week of an eve, drink until blindness and dizziness ensue, then go to bed, repeat this process as many nights in a row is necessary until youre either better, so drunk constantly you forget youre actually ill, or you just plain cant remember why youre drinking so much haha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:11 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Spudly wrote:
Cool might have to have a natter, how do you order the damn things though as i cant find a link on that site down there VVVVVVV

Well if youre developing the lurgy ill want to stay away from you then, ive had my fair share of ickyness this year and usually i never get ill lol, to try and rid yourself of it, try a few bottles of jack or southern comfort this week of an eve, drink until blindness and dizziness ensue, then go to bed, repeat this process as many nights in a row is necessary until youre either better, so drunk constantly you forget youre actually ill, or you just plain cant remember why youre drinking so much haha!

Get them from Wiggle when they are on offer and have a discount deal sort of thing.
Come out at 18 to 20 quids each.
Or search for other places that have them at similar prices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 pm 

FluffyChicken wrote:

Get them from Wiggle when they are on offer and have a discount deal sort of thing.
Come out at 18 to 20 quids each.
Or search for other places that have them at similar prices.

Ohh bugger i wish id have known that, i looked on wiggle and they were priced at £29.69 i think it was, only had a brief perusal though then clicked off, are wiggle alright to purchase from then im guessing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm 

1.8" & 2.1" here - http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/m5b83s120 ... S_GB/22652

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Are we getting too professional here with all this talk of tyre choice, I thought we were a group of old blokes going out for a bimble on some old cronky bikes (to match the old blokes) trying to regain our lost youth :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 am 

Matthews wrote:
Are we getting too professional here with all this talk of tyre choice, I thought we were a group of old blokes going out for a bimble on some old cronky bikes (to match the old blokes) trying to regain our lost youth :D

Proffessional us :shock:

I must admit I'm having a nightmare deciding which compound brake pads to run in my cantis though :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

chrisv40 wrote:
Matthews wrote:

Proffessional us :shock:

I must admit I'm having a nightmare deciding which compound brake pads to run in my cantis though :?

Oh my god what a crisis :shock:

I'm sat here worrying as to will my socks match my shorts :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next