Status
Not open for further replies.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
North east and yorkshire area group proudly present-

WETHERBY

Quaint market town situated on the most north easterly tip of west yorkshire.
Legend has it, this pretty town has a georgian feel based on the river wharfe. Also one of yorkshire's finest fish and chip shops. Motorway access couldn't be easier.

Linton bridge

This is where it all starts! We are not allowed to wade down the river wharfe so, a stroll round the bridal paths on the outskirts of wetherby is our passage taking in various villages, country lanes and christmas tree plantations.

Two counties in one day.

oh, yes. west yorks meets north yorks in out little border raid. pub grub found in a harrogate postcode with knockout historic features to relax next to.

PICT0334.jpg

Date:: 1.9.2012

Time:: 10:00 for 10:30 start. 3-4 hours of riding.

Distance:: 15 miles.

Meeting at:: Linton bridge carpark off linton road LS22 5BS.

Directions:: Best from A1(M) Follow signs for otley 659(wetherby).
link to carpark view(it's there, centre screen)
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=53.911256, ... 4&t=h&z=19
If you cross the bridge, you've gone too far.

Terrain:: 70% off road. We will be using bridal paths, quiet country lanes and disused rail lines. rating of 2/5.

NO HELMET:: NO RIDE.

Parking is free and generally plentyful. car-share where possible will help in case we coincide with some other local activity. alternative parking at hand if necessary.
The ride does produce the odd climb but, nothing too steep or sustained.
lunch will either be at a pub with the usual hot and cold stuff or near end of ride in wetherby town centre(chippy). two thirds or three quarters round, respectively. i will of course confirm things in good time as the pub was changing hands about now.

Ride what bicycle you like, even a raleigh grifter! front sus may assist some slightly bumpy bits although fully rigid is fine.

This replacing the Howgills ride that was pencilled in for this day?

Being a Saturday i'll have to find out that weekend if I'm coming or not.

FluffyChicken said:
This replacing the Howgills ride that was pencilled in for this day?

Being a Saturday i'll have to find out that weekend if I'm coming or not.[/quot

yes, a direct replacement, to allow for some recce work further up the region.

cheers.

Will check the diary but should be OK...

Will try to come on something different this time...

Enjoying the thought of little climbs! :D :D

This is my stomping ground, sadly I am at a Wedding in Oxfordshire otherwise I would of made the trip north. I look forwards to the post ride thread and regret I can't make it.

Also worth peeping up the drives in Linton and seeing exactly how the other half live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back