YORK TRANSPENNINE TRAIL

srands

Retro Guru
MAP from HULL to YORK TRANSPENNINE TRAIL anybody?

I believe the genuine article is called the 'Trans Pennine Trail East cycle route map TPT RPN08C'.

The Trail from Hull has 3 possible starts, formally known as either:

RIVERSIDE TRAIL (Hessle Foreshaw) or YORK SELBY (Westella Rd)
389762_425514580805263_127916322_n.jpg

OR

BEVERLEY YORK (A1079 or Hull Rd, Woodmansey)
185121_425514710805250_217973595_n.jpg

2 of these TRANSPENNINE TRAILs (RIVERSIDE & YORK SELBY) meet up at an area, local MTBers are very familiar with:
WELTON, KIDD LANE. Follow uphill heading towards ELLOUGHTON.
282906_425518854138169_594064164_n.jpg

Google searched the internet for the HULL to YORK T.T. can't find a download link for it, other then buy the map for £6.

It is my NEXT challenge, the YORK TRANSPENNINE TRAIL, can't wait to see how many miles I can get out of this one. To drive there and back is about 80 miles, however the cycle route might not be straight forward to ride, I could just ride from WELTON, KIDD LANE, and see if it leads to rideable trails all the way to YORK and back.

After riding TRANSPENNINE TRAIL local trails to HULL:
~ HORNSEA T.T. (From SPYVEE ST or SUTTON Rd)
40 miles inc return

~ WITHERNSEA T.T. (From Hedon/Paull via A1033, as trails are unkempt)
60 miles inc return

~ RIVERSIDE T.T. (From Hessle Foreshaw, rear of CPI to North Ferriby)
30 miles inc return

Also on a similar note, I have a great INTERACTIVE MAP of HULL's greatest MTB ROUTEs, and local skate/bmx parks, Adobe PDF file type.

INTERACTIVE MTB MAP:
www.srands.co.uk/map

That is the sml version, I can email you the FULL VERSION , it is about 15MB's, just ask mail@srands.co.uk

The interactive map has a list of all local MTB routes and BMX/SKATE parks, are at the bottom of the main map, with interactive links: Focus in on Route Start/Park Area, Route Map or Route Directions. Route Maps & Directions, are also listed in numbered pages and bookmarks, for browsing. The directions include photo/map hyperlinks, which when selected will prompt for internet connection.

OR just DIRECTIONS:
http://www.srands.co.uk/mtb_routes_hull

This file is also attached to the MAP PDF file also, click the attachment symbol in PDF map.

hi mate this comes right past where i live, east side of york. let me know when your doing it & if you want some company / to sort a lift out etc...

YORK resident!

YORK resident! The only map I can find from HULL to YORK is not via SELBY, as the TRANSPENNINE TRAIL map signs suggests from HULL.

Do you know if this MTB MAP below is OK and RIDEABLE?

600852_426987483991306_1697438516_n.jpg

I often find paying a few quid for the proper map is worth it rather than spend ages finding the free option/printing it etc. Plus you support the good work that they do making the route and the maintenance.

I bought the sustrans CtC ones and they are great....

TRANSPENNINE TRAILS

Well accurate up to date maps are great.

However some TRANSPENNINE TRAILS are NOT well signposted or used often, despite having new signs. Obviously trails are better if:
A) You can ride them from memory OR
B) They are well signposted, as
C) Referring to a MAP/SAT NAV or passers by is distracting and aggravating.

Obviously riding them and knowing them, is normally the best way to discover the most entertaining and/or viable way. However some MAPs of TRANSPENNINE TRAILS end up being continuous miles of overgrown Farmers Fields that tractors could get lost in.

After riding TRANSPENNINE TRAILS in HULL, I have found the following:

HORNSEA TRANSPENNINE TRAIL: Well signposted and rideable from SPYVEE ST or ROBSON WAY.

WITHERNSEA TRANSPENNINE TRAIL: ROAD map signposted and rideable, HOWEVER if the OFFROAD trail you follow, this leading from Southcoates/Staithes Rd becomes overgrown, with misleading signposts, hence hard to establish current position or which direction to continue, hence SAT NAV essential.

I can comment on the Holme to York part.Nice quite roads until Melborne,then after it gets bizzy.No major climbs or anything like that.
Once over the Bridge at Sutton upon Dewent into Elvington more traffic.After Elvington it gets very bizzy during the week as lorrys go back and forth to the Industrial estate.But other than that,a nice route into York :D

Back