Skipton Social Aftermath

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Cheers for a grand day out everyone, thoroughly enjoyed it and I thought Rich did a great job of leading.

I'll get a few pics up shortly but a takeaway is calling right now.

Thanks rich(giant-one) I enjoyed myself. Some beauty descents and enjoyable climbs.

also beavis and brocklanders for the hospitaility, although Ed was ill and unable to partake in the ride, cheers!

i made it 21 miles on my unside-down computer E6.0Z was rounded up :LOL: of good rolling stone tracks with some road sections which, does help relax your body.
i'm glad i made it. i was getting real down and fed up with the crap temperatures and the rain so, was pleased to break out of that depression!

The discs from a raleigh extreme would have made for an interesting ride on some exposed tracks as the wind was fairly strong, good fun all the same.

i love canals with all the lovely flat-ness

PICT0041-1.jpg

i love roads for the lovely smooth-ness

PICT0043.jpg

PICT0045-2.jpg

hang on! where does that go? mainly up ;)

PICT0051-1.jpg

Kenaltobelli found that climb quite easy..

PICT0050-2.jpg

Beavis with a better than good pine mountain.

PICT0049-2.jpg

panaracer 'cutting edge' performance.

PICT0054-1.jpg

more...

PICT0052-2.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

PICT0057-2.jpg

you go pete!

PICT0048-1.jpg

thanks, hope to see you all soon.

marc.

Cheers Rich (Giant one) great day out but bloody windy, some nice fast descents and good climbs, I will have to pay another visit to skipton with the family especially the dalesman cafe, hope fluffy chicken is OK that knee looked pretty sore :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: see you all soon cheers

cheers now home and hosed;great day even had good weather
22 miles so i rode about 15 :D nice place skipton
loved the dales see evryone soon

Great Day Out, thanks to everyone involved, I did survive the return home with all my stash, however still got to empty the car when I get home tonight!!!

Some of my pics:

Phonepics371.jpg

Phonepics372.jpg

Phonepics374.jpg

Phonepics375.jpg

Phonepics376.jpg

Phonepics377.jpg

Phonepics370.jpg

Phonepics379.jpg

Phonepics378.jpg

Phonepics381.jpg

Phonepics380.jpg

A big thankyou to all that came, old faces, a pleasure as always and nice to meet some new ones too. :D

Fell asleep upright on the sofa with my 5 month old daughter sat on my lap only to wake up when she decided my nose looked rather tasty :roll: :D

Very tired legs at work this morning with very little chance of rest. :(

Rick

Really sorry I couldn't ride but was good to catch up with everyone at the start and mid ride chip stop. You picked the right day because it's chucking down in Skipton today!

Few extra off road sections to be added next year so hope to see you all back in 'The Gateway to the Dales'. :D

Thanks a lot guys for a good day out, the cracking downhill bits made up for the "small" climbs, must visit the area again, cheers again.

Back