Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've been threatening to sort a local ride out for ages so how about a nice warm up for the 3 tribes the following weekend?

For those of you have ridden this area before we will take in all the best bits we have ridden before with a few new bits thrown in.

We could meet at the Humber Bridge for breakfast if anyone fancies that?

If nobody wants to meet for breakfast shall we say 10.00 for a 10.30 start.

Start location with plenty of on road parking here - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=hu15+1p ... k&t=m&z=15

Riders

Chrisv40
Fluffychicken
AR-CoolC +1
titch_16
kingoffootball
Jill Sandwich
Trebz

Sorry Chris cant make this, Ive already arranged a ride on the moors.

see ya soon mate

kaya

Might be up for this if you'll allow modern's along.

I was talking about following the route we did last year with my usual Sunday riding buddy. But as he's a modern only and my Tequesta is in pieces it would mean a pair of modern's tagging along.

We'll promise not to talk about them and mine does have an RB sticker on it ;)

:LOL:

All welcome and the more the merrier ;)

I'm going to change the route a bit and remove the long climb in and out of Newbald where the pub was as I think that finished everyone off before the final fun bits.

Hi Titch, the distance is currently about 23 miles, can easily extend or reduce this depending how everyone feels and there are loads of easy routes back to the cars.

Working it, unfortunately.

I would go, but I'm working it, have I got a nice map :shock: for you though:

MTB INTERACTIVE MAP, ROUTE MAPS & DIRECTIONS (HULL AREA)
www.srands.co.uk/map

FULL DETAILS BELOW of CYCLE / BIKE / ROAD / MOUNTAIN BIKE MAPs in/near HULL, HUMBERSIDE:

A list of all local MOUNTAIN BIKE routes and BMX/SKATE parks, are at the bottom of the main map, with interactive links: Focus in on Route Start/Park Area, Route Map or Route Directions. Maps & Directions, are also listed in numbered pages and bookmarks, for browsing.

What with Blackberry & Android mobile phones getting more & more popular, then a 1 file version overall map, would be really useful when you're out & about, and want to know where is fun stuff to ride your MTB.

NOTES:
:cool: The directions include photo/map hyperlinks, which when selected will prompt for internet connection. :D
:eek: If I make any revisions to the interactive map, I might rate more of the local BMX parks, suggestions welcome from HUMBERSIDE and/or LINCOLNSHIRE. :?

Alternatively for people who don't like maps, and prefer just directions, this is attached to the PDF file also, click the attachment symbol in the PDF map (Btm L/H corner, then dbl left click the mtb_routes_hull.htm file) to see my MTB ROUTES in/near HULL:
http://www.srands.co.uk/mtb_routes_hull.htm

The terrain is pretty mixed, there is some nice twisty singletrack through the woods, doubletrack farm tracks, a couple of nice climbs to test the lungs and a couple of stretches of tarmac linking the off road parts together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back