Kildale Cake Run the Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

Big thanks to all who braved the mixed bag of weather we had
for a ride to the cake shop, you know who you are.

The line up
Picture007.jpg

Yorkshire Race & Trail style...
Picture013.jpg

No comment...
Picture019.jpg

Anticipation of cake
Picture048.jpg

Mud glorious mud
Picture068.jpg

Here comes the sun
Picture069.jpg

Sunny Smiles
Picture073.jpg

Hailstone Hell..
Picture083.jpg

Grizzly Adams
Picture098.jpg

Rest of pics Here... http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... ake%20Run/

Next event is Temple Newsam on the 17 th of March why not join us...

I is home.

So Dry, Rain, Cloud, Cloud-Rain-Drizzle, fog, a bit of wind, Sun, Hail.. then nice Sun again.

Would have liked to be more awake for this, but ill kid means being up a lot of the night.

Thanks for putting on the ride , it was good and so was my Omelette time to get clean look at my few pics and add to the banter.

kake run

splendid ride today. Thanks kaya. I will put some pics on sunday afty, after a good kip.

Cheers.

Had a good kip now. some pics and a few words.

thanks to all 12 riders for making the kake run a blast, yet again!

sure, we lucked out with the weather as we had drizzle and the occasional hail shower but the skies cleared as soon as the clouds came. some of the sandy rock descents are really enjoyable and the chocolate cake was shovelled down(for nurishment purposes ;))

great to see some english push-irons.

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0028.jpg

iron that got pushed but, not english. can't blame him. hosepipe ban in his town ;)

PICT0054.jpg

fluffychicken waves goodbye to his clean bike.

PICT0031.jpg

the lads up on't hills.

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0032.jpg

i was sure we had adders in the area but, tyre deflate activity was going on.

PICT0035.jpg

my fave part of any ride. stuffing my face with toasties and kake.

PICT0038.jpg

we could taste our lunch again on the climb up to the captain cook monument.

PICT0044.jpg

some running repairs at the monument, i popped a spoke nipple and did the rest of the ride with a little caution, and healthy fear :LOL:

PICT0049.jpg

start of the descent back to base with awesome views!

PICT0050.jpg

thanks.

I had a great ride, it was sunny some of the time and when the rain cleared Middlesbrough looked almost romantic in the distance, if I'd had my camera with me I probably wouldn't have taken a photo!
I really enjoyed this ride last year and think I got more out of it this year, although I was very disconcerted by just how many trees had been felled. So much so that I've been on the t'internet to see if there is any kind of management plan or reason for this deforestation- clearing whole stands to try and limit a tree disease maybe? I couldn't find anything but the Forestry Commission page for Guisborough has a thumbnail of some mountain bikers, one looks like he is riding retro- in a Raleigh Dynatech top, is he one of us? http://www.forestry.gov.uk/guisborough
Lessons learnt: get in the queue early at the cake shop, seventeen year old Maxxis Vipers don't grip very well or even clear mud, leaving your glasses cloth at home is A BAD THING and there might be some kind of connection when your bike is wanting to pull to the left and your left hand elastomer stack is unwinding itself...
Thanks for everybody for making it a great day, as well as Vern for leading and providing momentous lemon cake and Marc for the lift.

Big thanks to Vern and crew for organising , the mottly crew that came along and had a blast , Vern was right when he said it probably wouldn't rain and wash the mud off on the way home as it was sunny all the way and nicely baked on, my pics cant be seen at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 084&type=1
as I'm lousy at resizing on PC at home (no prob on mac at work BTW)
Had a great time and will see you all at Temple Newsam (on the old bike this time).
MAtthew

Camera found out of the wet&muddy sack.

Well at least I never fell off this ride, no pictures no proof
Hush.gif

Pictures uploaded
https://plus.google.com/photos/11541805 ... JTC0I7IkwE

Selection below

P1050440.JPG

That's what I'm talking about!
P1050421.JPG

P1050419.JPG

No thieving scum round here, they don't even keep the PACE's in the old shed.
P1050425.JPG

Some of the bikes...

P1050426.JPG

P1050427.JPG

this one never actually got drity :?
P1050428.JPG

retro ?
P1050429.JPG

Ah this is retro and in true retro fettle style
P1050430.JPG

Leader of the pack...
P1050431.JPG

P1050438.JPG

Scenery
P1050436.JPG

P1050422.JPG

P1050437.JPG

P1050439.JPG

if pictures are too big for you lot, I can quickly make them smaller (it's just editing the links)

looks like another epic cake run, shame i had plans this weekend which included not falling off a bike or copious amounts of profanities :LOL:

Thanks Jimi! It always looks dark grey in photos but is actually a very dark shade of green when seen in natural light. Very similar to British Racing Green and according to ex-Pace employees it's a fairly rare colour.

Lads - good turnout yesterday, was really good to see everyone. I thought we may have been unlucky with the weather but it's a good job we didn't go today - it's proper grim out there!

Back