Temple Newsam Ride 17.3.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
TEMPLE NEWSAM

North East and Yorkshire area group production.

A park on the outskirts of LEEDS holds one of the best preserved and visited tudor/jacobean mansions that has much to shout about.

Let's go see it!

Allow marc two tone to guide you round the outskirts of the park taking in flowing bridal paths and woodland with the looming image of the house that has a mention in the doomsday book, never too far away!

DSCF0044-2.jpg

Date:: 17.3.2012

Description:: a tour around temple newsam then, connecting with the trans penine trail. taking in bridal paths, woodland, canal locks and marinas and of course a visit to the chip shop! terrain is retro bike friendly and covers 17-18 miles. 95% off-road.

the chippy is two thirds round but plenty of stops and re-gathers are planned in.

TIME:: 10:30AM for a 11:00am kick-off. duration of 3-4 hrs.

MEET POINT:: large carpark next to running track. there is a 6 foot barrier so, be aware if you use a roof rack or have a vehicle above the size of a regular family hatchback ;) plenty and free parking within carpark or on road if necessary.

DIFFICULTY:: rating of 2. some climbs to raise the pulse but nothing sustained.

link to carpark, scroll around to determine approach------> http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=53.787228, ... 1&t=h&z=18

with anticipation of a M1, M62, A1(M) approach...junc 46 off M1 for leeds 6120 is by far the easiest route in. from motorway head onto 6120 and straight on at first roundabout, keep in left lane now and take second exit(straight ahead) at next rounabout. just a few hundred yards ahead you will come to a set of traffic lights at a built up junction. turn a sharp left at the lights on to colton road. follow your nose in temple newsam. once through the gate-house bear right immediately! and follow road for 200 yrds or so, beware door-step speed bumps!. take next right on to road with bus terminus and take 1st exit off. keep going a little futher downhill and on the right is the carpark ;)

also, bring along any Karma, swaps and swag for a post ride trade. if anybody wants to bring a change of cloths to see the parks' tourist stuff afterwards then please do. i doubt any rider is going home with a clean bike or, lower limbs, so spare garments is advisable.

Put my name on the list of starters, this is some were Ive never ridden before so I'm looking forward to it :cool:

I did some of the route with Marc last weekend in snow and ice, it will be a good day out and the chippy was excellent :D

If only I got back north more often!

Also LS15, make sure you have good locks on your bikes when your in the chippy!

Matthews":23k3fk9i said:
I should be able to make that too , Will my discovery go under the barrier ?
Matthew

probably not but, don't worry as you can park right next to the barrier on the outside. free of charge.

;)

jerky, no bother there mate, the chippy is in leeds 26 where, bells and mirrors are installed on most bikes :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back