FEB 11th- National Ride Recce ....CANCELED....

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View

North East & Yorkshire Proudly Presents

National Series Ride Recce

Picture090.jpg

This is the first recce of our National series route, with the combination of February's weather and an untested route this is going to be a hard ride.
There will be
NO PUB or CAKE shop stops so you will have bring your own supply's,
Also Please make sure your bike is in good condition and you have adequate clothing, as there many exposed trails on the moor tops

Start: New Inn, Cropton

Time: 10:00 for a 10:30 Start

Distance: 25/30 miles

Terrain: Single track, Double track and quite country lanes

Difficulty Rating 4/5

Please think long and hard before undertaking this ride, there will be a rerun of this ride soon on a Sunday which will be more refined with a lunch stop.
We will also be having a final recce approximately 3 or 4 weeks before the event, if you want to test the final route.

I am up for this Vern, will be using the freshly build DB, perfect for the job, hopefully Marc will able to make it aswell :D :D

recce

Dr S":2s3mu1oq said:
I must echo Verns thoughts on this being a tough ride. The full National Route is 30 miles and i estimate a good six hours to get round in July. Add a few hours this time to try out various options and you have a very long day in the saddle.

This ride will be in feb, its going to be wet, muddy and exposed. With lots of ground to cover and lots of experimentation and map work, we will have to crack on to make the most of the light.

Please, please make sure you are up to the task if you come along. This ride will make the infamous Blue Man look soft!

:shock: ahh...yes, washing me hair, it takes all day! :LOL: joking aside it sounds as though you don't need a slowy on board for that initial outing, so i'm opting out. but, be assured im there for later rides on it.

I haven't found out if I have the day off or not but for the same reasons as Marc I am going to give this a miss and let you mad lot get a crack on and see if you can complete it before dark. I know my limitations :LOL:

Will definitely be there for the next recce though.

...sounds like a Thursday night ride :D

Best come along and make sure you don't get lost "owt on moors"

How tough and long should National Status rides be. (given they're aimed at the general rider)

They seem to max around the 20miles length?
Over to Vern for that one.

Not to stop you doing 30mile, you'll be crying at the end rides while eating bombay mix. Just curious what rules have been set by drystonepaul ?

Back