slm racing hybrid, finished

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well it's finally finished, I got the frame off weeman mtb at the forest of dean (karma) it's an 08 boardman hybrid (was a dark blue). I have built it on a retro theme and the spec, gears, brakes etc are exactly what I need to suit my commute to work and back, just been out for a road test and apart from a few tweeks with the gears she is good to go

The spec is 08

boardman hybrid frame

Deore lx mtb hubs laced with mavic cxp 22 700c rims

schwable marathon comfort tyres 700cx32

Deore lx integrated hydraulic shifters 2x9 speed

xt calipers and rotors

xt rear mech

shimano road front mech

shimano nexave double chainset (dirt cheap, winter knocks the crap out of a chainset)

on one big nose saddle

semi integrated headset

easton stem/tioga flat bars

avenier pannier rack and bag

As for the cost of the build (less than £500) I don't think I could find anything in the shops that would do what this bike can, very pleased with the bike and look forward to thousands of miles worth of riding

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• DSCF1313 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF1313 [800x600].jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 953
  • DSCF1312 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF1312 [800x600].jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 953
  • DSCF1314 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF1314 [800x600].jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 953
Well worth the wait, that looks fantastic, really making me wish I had a safer commute to work so I could have something similar.

chrisv40":2zk56o0u said:
Well worth the wait, that looks fantastic, really making me wish I had a safer commute to work so I could have something similar.

Thanks Chris, the reason for the build was something that is quick on the roads and capable of a little off road thus making my commute safer, as the road into Leeds is lethal, especially in the winter, This bike ticks all the boxes for what I need, had it back in the workshop today for a few tweeks and now everything is sweet.

chrisv40":6xfltsf4 said:
Maybe we should have a couple of country road rides too next year ;)

I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice.

I would have to sort out my road bike though. It hasn't turned a wheel since 1977 :LOL:

Dr S":1724vvl6 said:
chrisv40":1724vvl6 said:

I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice.

I would have to sort out my road bike though. It hasn't turned a wheel since 1977 :LOL:

Right lets find a location and thats another ride sorted for next year :)
Whats your road bike Si?

chrisv40":2gfxtouw said:
Dr S":2gfxtouw said:
chrisv40":2gfxtouw said:

Whats your road bike Si?

I don't know about it being a main monthly ride as not many have road machines. It would make a nice informal ride in the spring.

My road bike is a recent purchase. Its a 1975 Calloi 10 speed. Its completely original and has only seen minimal use as it was only used as a pit bike by Emmerson Fittipaldi during the 76-77 Formula One seasons whilst he drove for Copasuca. Plans is to just service and clean it up and leave it just as it was when the double World Champion rode it. :cool:

Dr S":2fac5px9 said:
chrisv40":2fac5px9 said:

I'd be up for a road ride next year. Somewhere quiet and without too many big hills. One of the quieter dales of the NYMoors would be nice

So you don't fancy Rosedale with a couple of runs at chimney bank ? :LOL:

Ps nice bike Stu

Dr S":14ggeqfn said:
chrisv40":14ggeqfn said:
Dr S":14ggeqfn said:
chrisv40":14ggeqfn said:

Whats your road bike Si?

I don't know about it being a main monthly ride as not many have road machines. It would make a nice informal ride in the spring.

My road bike is a recent purchase. Its a 1975 Calloi 10 speed. Its completely original and has only seen minimal use as it was only used as a pit bike by Emmerson Fittipaldi during the 76-77 Formula One seasons whilst he drove for Copasuca. Plans is to just service and clean it up and leave it just as it was when the double World Champion rode it. :cool:

I didn't mean to have it as a main ride, just another ride to look forward to next year.

The Calloi sounds very interesting, looking forward to seeing it.

Back